What's new

Any modern brushes made in USA?

I consider myself a patriotic person. Vintage Gillette razors are made in the USA. Many modern artisan soap makers like Maggard, Razorock, Caties Bubbles etc are made in USA i think. Personna blades are made in the USA. But are there any brushes completely made in the USA? I would imagine they would have to be synthetic brushes since most badger and boar hair knots are imported.

There are numerous vendors that make brush handles in the USA (e.g., Rudy Vey, etc.), but I think all of them import their knots whether they be boar, badger, horse, or synthetic.

Razorock is made in Italy. And isn't Maggard Canadian?

Can't help you regarding the brush I'm afraid.

No, Maggard's is not a Canadian shop; they're based in Adrian MI. The confusion comes from their Maple Leaf logo, which comes from the local high school team, the Adrian Maples, and not from Canada.

Razorock is made in Italy. And isn't Maggard Canadian?

Can't help you regarding the brush I'm afraid.

You may be right about razorock. I couldnt find any immediate info. Maggard soaps are made by a Maria Arman from Michigan and the tubs also are listed as made in the USA. The Maggard shop is located in Michigan however Italian Barber that sales a lot of Razorock products is located in Canada.

There is only one brush that has hand turned handles and hand tied knots in the US which is Varlet. The hair is not sourced probably from china but thats the only one really

You could look for vintage Ever-Ready brushes. They can be found NOS or used in good condition. They were made in the USA. I am not sure where they sourced their boar hair, however.

The knot is definitely Chinese, but some assembly and modification of the handle happens in the US. Go for a Whipped Dog brush. Larry's service and brushes are superb (and inexpensive).

If you're looking for made in the USA, ATT and Blackland make razors in the USA. Rockwell may also be made in USA, I'm not sure.

As for brushes, you'll have to settle for handles made here and knots from China. I believe that's the only place currently selling badger bristles. Boar and horse knots may be source elsewhere, but I'm not certain.

Check out Wolf Whiskers or Rudy Vey, they make awesome brushes!

Top Bottom