What's new

Any love for Treet Platinum.

Somewhere along the line a couple tucks came to me as a throw-in when I purchased brushes from I don't remember where. I just started using them the past 3 weeks or so. They've worked well in a Super Speed, Tech, and now I have one in all 3 of my Fatips- Picc, Grande, & Gentile- for the "Intercontinental All Italian August." In both forgiving and in more efficient or aggressive razors I have enjoyed them.

Cool! Thanks for the feedback/ test.
Completed 4 shaves with a 2nd Treet Platinum in an EJ DE89. Not as smooth as an Astra SP and similar keen edge but it has settled down from the initial irritation I felt. It looks like I will get a few more shaves out of it. A second tier blade as my initial impression.

Completed 4 shaves with a 2nd Treet Platinum in an EJ DE89. Not as smooth as an Astra SP and similar keen edge but it has settled down from the initial irritation I felt. It looks like I will get a few more shaves out of it. A second tier blade as my initial impression.

I remember the Astra SPs being comfortable in the DE89 as well. But these Treets also felt OK to me for 8 shaves in the DE89 ==> Since it's been a while since I tried the SPs, I'd need to A-B them to be certain which I'd prefer. But both gave me noticeably more irritation in the Maggard V3, V3A, & V3OC on shaves 5-8. And with the Treet platinum in the Maggard Slant, shaves have been not so smooth since shave #1. (I'm on shave #5 with that combo tonight.) We'll see how the Treet does in the Merkur 37C Slant next.

I had a 5 pack of these, I kept going back to them every couple of months thinking "well maybe they'll be better this time" .... not happening, i find that by the 2nd shave they are no good, I wouldn't buy them again

@BassPlayerBoz
Just thought I would update you that the 7th shave was completed today and the blade has settled down from the initial perceived harshness. Probably has a couple of shaves left in it but I am moving on to test the Nacet from tomorrow. Tested 2 blades and initial shaves had some harshness. However only tested in a DE89 so some limitations in this review.
Overall I would say a 2nd tier blade and not in the AStra SP or Astra SS class, certainly not as smooth. Okay for those looking for 2-3 shaves per blade. I can buy Astras' for the same price so no contest.

For a 2nd tier blade, I can easily get X7-X10 DFS's from the Treet. Astra SP blades are tuggy & not smooth for me. I might have got a bad 100 pack though. Astra SS are better than the Treet IMO. The Astra SS blades are sharp & smooth!

Somewhere along the line a couple tucks came to me as a throw-in when I purchased brushes from I don't remember where. I just started using them the past 3 weeks or so. They've worked well in a Super Speed, Tech, and now I have one in all 3 of my Fatips- Picc, Grande, & Gentile- for the "Intercontinental All Italian August." In both forgiving and in more efficient or aggressive razors I have enjoyed them.
Glad to hear that.
I'll have some soon to try in some of or
Maybe all of my favorite razors..

One of the best blades i have used out there.They are top 10 with astra s.p,personna platinum,viking's sword and polsilver blades.
Their price is awesome too!!!

I only recently tried the Treet Platinums. I used them in an Aristocrat and was pleasantly surprised. Very sharp and smooth. I just received 6 of them as a side in a brush purchase.

I found that I really like them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myself as well. The Treet Platinum SS is sharp and smooth but doesn't last as long as a Polsilver, Bolzano, Gillette Super Blue, or a Feather. But they don't cost as much either. Per shave, the advantage goes to most of these top blades cost wise (more shaves per). Yet I do enjoy the shave with a Treet Platinum. Who knows, if I live long enough and finish these, I may buy more. :)

I received a pack of 10 of these Pakistani blades in a sampler pack I ordered a while back. I had been working my way through a 100 count box of Astra SP's and wanted to go back to see what else was out there. I've been really impressed with the shave, comfort, and durability of this blade in my EJ DE89L. Overall, pretty impressed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i recall seeing some information that stated the the yellow packaged blades are carbon steel. If so, are they coated for rust resistance?

The yellow packaged Treets are fine. However, I haven't used them in a bit. Perhaps I need to try them again and refresh my memory as to the shave experience. I recall having no complaints.:)

Last edited:
Just tried one, not bad but not sharp enough for me, felt rather tuggy on my neck. Not impressive enough for a splurge purchase.

Was about to try mine from a variety pack and read some reviews. From what I', gathering, some are getting irritation and other problems from having to bear down when shaving. So I used it in my two DE blade russian razor and a used sharper blade as the second blade to compensate. Perhaps use one of your heavier shavers in your collection, if you plan on using a single blade?

Top Bottom