What's new

Any love for Treet Platinum.

I have completed 2 shaves with this blade and it is smooth and sharp. Remains to be seen how many shaves it will deliver. If it gets into double figures I will be pleased. A fairly cheap blade by the 100.

I'm currently working through my razors with this blade. 1st blade in the DE89 gave me 8 solid shaves with very little irritation, but sometimes I couldn't seem to get as close as I normally like (was mostly DFS, but ~ CCS in some trouble areas no matter what I tried.) In the Maggard's V3 & V3A heads, I got DFSs on most shaves.... but on shaves 4-8 there was a noticeable increase in irritation no matter how careful I was. I'm currently using a Treet Platinum in the V2OC. 3 shaves in & it's consistent w/ the V3 & V3A. Planning to use it for 8 shaves w/ the V3OC, then try it in the Slant for 8 shaves, & finally my new Merkur 37c for 8 shaves.

BL: IMHO right now... Unless my results change over the next few razors, I think this is a decent blade for 3-4 shaves. But after that, it seems to give too many weepers & too much irritation. So if I used it long term, I'd limit it to 3-4 shaves.

Seven shaves with the Treet Platinum and it is not smooth; just getting more irritation. A second tier blade for me.

It just goes to show that YMMV with any blade & I found a few blades that just do work for me as well. I find the Treet P. to be sharp & smooth for my beard type with hardly no irritation to speak of.

Just finished X 8 DFS's with the Treet Plainum That equals 800 shaves per 100 pack. I could have easily went a couple more but, decided not to. Its a very low irritation blade for me. I find the blade to be very smooth & forgiving. YMMV as always.

Seven shaves with the Treet Platinum and it is not smooth; just getting more irritation. A second tier blade for me.

Just finished X 8 DFS's with the Treet Plainum That equals 800 shaves per 100 pack. I could have easily went a couple more but, decided not to. Its a very low irritation blade for me. I find the blade to be very smooth & forgiving. YMMV as always.

I'm curious if part of the different assessments of these blades (or any other) might have to do w/ the type of razor used. For instance, I'm currently using them in various razors while keeping the brush (WD 24 mm Silvertip), soap (Haslinger Schafmilch), & after shave (Nivea Sensitive Balm) consistent. I found that when I used the Treet in my DE89 it lasted me 8 relatively comfortable shaves. But in my Maggard's V3, V3A, & V3OC razorheads (to me, these heads are about equal in aggressiveness & noticeably more so than the DE89), shaves 5-8 were consistently more "tug-gy" & had increased irritation. Since my beard/ stubble, skin, & technique are unique to me, I consider those factors to be consistent as well. That would seem to indicate this blade lasts longer in a more mild razor (at least, for me.)

Invicta & Fast Shaver - Do you remember which razors you used with the Treets? And do you think their agressiveness could have affected the blade life and/or your opinion of the blades?

Invicta - Do you remember which razors you used with the Treets?
Merkur Progress set on 2; so Merkur 34C equivalent. Only used 1 blade so I should try a second in case it was poor QC at the Treet plant. Also will try it in a DE89 and report back in a few days.

I'm curious if part of the different assessments of these blades (or any other) might have to do w/ the type of razor used. For instance, I'm currently using them in various razors while keeping the brush (WD 24 mm Silvertip), soap (Haslinger Schafmilch), & after shave (Nivea Sensitive Balm) consistent. I found that when I used the Treet in my DE89 it lasted me 8 relatively comfortable shaves. But in my Maggard's V3, V3A, & V3OC razorheads (to me, these heads are about equal in aggressiveness & noticeably more so than the DE89), shaves 5-8 were consistently more "tug-gy" & had increased irritation. Since my beard/ stubble, skin, & technique are unique to me, I consider those factors to be consistent as well. That would seem to indicate this blade lasts longer in a more mild razor (at least, for me.)

Invicta & Fast Shaver - Do you remember which razors you used with the Treets? And do you think their agressiveness could have affected the blade life and/or your opinion of the blades?
Yes, I was using the Lord L6 Razor for all 8 DFS.! I had used Maca Root, Biotique, Captains Choice Lime & Stirling Soap but, I don't remember the order for each shave with these fine soaps. The Lord L6 Razor is an inexpensive but, kick Booty Razor IMO.

It's amazing , the large variety of blades
That you're able to use with success, so
Back to this Treet blade, in your opinion
How Does sharpness compare with other
Blades you've used, and also smoothness.

For me these are one time use blades. Decent for one shave before the edge suffers tremendously. I could literally feel the sharpness decline between pass 1 and pass 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's amazing , the large variety of blades
That you're able to use with success, so
Back to this Treet blade, in your opinion
How Does sharpness compare with other
Blades you've used, and also smoothness.
Well thats kind of tough but, I would say its on par with the German Wilkie in sharpness & smoothness. The GSB blade is a little higher in sharpness but, they are both as smooth to me. GSB X 12 DFS's & Treet X8-10 DFS.s. I hope this helps.

Well thats kind of tough but, I would say its on par with the German Wilkie in sharpness & smoothness. The GSB blade is a little higher in sharpness but, they are both as smooth to me. GSB X 12 DFS's & Treet X8-10 DFS.s. I hope this helps.
Well now , that sounds pretty darn good.
Thank You Sir.

I like them, I generally toss any DE blade after 4 shaves so no comments on longevity. (I don't get the stretching the $0.07 to the last possible scrape, toss them before I get a bad shave.)

I like them, I generally toss any DE blade after 4 shaves so no comments on longevity. (I don't get the stretching the $0.07 to the last possible scrape, toss them before I get a bad shave.)
Thats a good strategy Bill. I got my first Treet P. from you in a PIF I won a while back.

Top Bottom