What's new

Any lighter handles for a Timeless SS razor?

This thing isn't bad but its heavy....could there be any other handles that one could partner it with....without resorting to the titanium version of the same?

Same experience with me. I love that it shaves really smoothly, but the bulk and weight feels like having my arm and wrist workout while shaving. My issues with the Timeless are its weight and bulk. The shaving head is so big and thick and that it looks like and feels like using a sharp axe or bowie knife to shave.

The weight is specially a problem for me because I like my razors lightweight so that I don't have to struggle to keep the razor in balance as I touch the blade to my face. I like a lightweight razor in my hand while shaving because I don't want it slipping from my grip and drop the cutting edge of the blade to my face. I'd rather have a lightweight razor that I can twist and turn without much effort with my finger-grip.

Consider the weight measurements I have taken of my other DE razors.

Timeless Bronze Head and Handle (125.6 g.)
Charcoal Goods Brass Head CC and Twin Helix Handle (86.2 g)
Gillette Slim Adjustable (70.9 g)
Gillette Super Speed NDC (55.1 g)
Gillette Old Style OC w Ball End Handle (49.2 g.)
Gillette Old Style OC w Razor Emp Handle (53.2 g)
Gillette Tech w/ Small-Ball End Handle (56.2 g.)

Charcoal Goods is ok with me because its weight is close to the weight of Glillette Slim Adjustable. CG's razor head profile is almost similar in size to the Gillette vintage DE razors which is just perfect for me. Perhaps, Timeless razor's target market with its big profile of razor head and the razor's heavy total weight are the big and muscular guys (I picture Vikings in my mind) which I am not.

Consider the weight measurements I have taken of my other DE razors.

Timeless Bronze Head and Handle (125.6 g.)
Charcoal Goods Brass Head CC and Twin Helix Handle (86.2 g)
Gillette Slim Adjustable (70.9 g)
Gillette Super Speed NDC (55.1 g)
Gillette Old Style OC w Ball End Handle (49.2 g.)
Gillette Old Style OC w Razor Emp Handle (53.2 g)
Gillette Tech w/ Small-Ball End Handle (56.2 g.)

Charcoal Goods is ok with me because its weight is close to the weight of Glillette Slim Adjustable. CG's razor head profile is almost similar in size to the Gillette vintage DE razors which is just perfect for me. Perhaps, Timeless razor's target market with its big profile of razor head and the razor's heavy total weight are the big and muscular guys (I picture Vikings in my mind) which I am not.

Not to hi jack this gentleman’s thread, but how do you like the RE replica Old Type handle? I was guessing that was what you were referring to above. I ordered one on Saturday so I wouldn’t do further damage to my cracked original from a US Service Kit.

This thing isn't bad but its heavy....could there be any other handles that one could partner it with....without resorting to the titanium version of the same?

What handle do you currently have?

I have the Timeless SS with the knurled handle (85 mm) and it's nice I find. I found that I generally prefer shorter handles to longer ones for the weight distribution and maneuverability.

Has anyone mated any other manufacturers handles to the Timeless SS with success?

Almost all DE handles should work with a Timeless head. At the moment I'm pairing a Timeless head with a UFO Colibri handle, but I've also tried it with an ATT Atlas and a Weber Bulldog, and both worked fine.

With a head weighing around 35g I'd be looking for a handle weighing around 50g to keep the total weight around or under 90g. I also agree that the best handle length is 85mm. So my target is 50g and 85mm. That's perfect for titanium and allows you to take the diameter up to 15-16mm. I prefer this since if you have larger hands it's more secure and a better fit. Through trial and error I've come to prefer the hourglass shape - seems to fit the hand better. These calculations took me to my present titanium handle by rusdrunkbear off eBay. I'm very happy with this one. 85 x 16mm and 53g.

Fatip Titanium1a.jpg

I'm using the light, but quite attractive, polished handle from a PAA DOC. Looks like it belongs on the Timeless SS (polished), but is very light. (I believe they may be hollow, but not positive). I usually gravitate to heavier and larger handles, but the smaller lighter handle seems to make the Timeless very maneuverable and easily controlled, the combo has become my razor of choice in the morning.

You may want to consider ItalianBarber's Razorock Halo handle in Titanium as it's 90 mm and 45 gm (1.6 oz) whereas the same handle in stainless is 65 gm (2.3 oz). Personally I have the Titanium handle (on other razors) and have been very pleased with balance, grip, weight and appearance.

Maybe makers will take note and start offering hollow handles. For some reason super thick heavy handles are the new black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tray Front.jpg

Depending on budget (~$30), availability (in stock), patience (ships immediately), whatever, I'd recommend the Weber Bulldog or Ikon Tuckaway.

If you've got time to spare (1-2 months from Russia, but more than worth the $50!) and want something custom, try tibam_handles.

Top Bottom