What's new

Any Keurig users out there?

Got the wife one for Christmas.

AMAZING :thumbup:

For tea though, it will spit hot water out without a k-cup, you can use whatever tea you like if it's not in a k-cup.

I'm going to run it without a k-cup into my lather bowl and soak my brush in it tomorrow before I shower. I might have solved my hot lather problem!!

Solved the "half a pot of coffee down the drain" problem too!

My wife and I love ours and have been using it daily for several years. We get our K-Cups at CostCo. For about $35 we get 80 Caribou blend K-Cups. It works great to brew it right into our Contigo travel mugs.

Convenience is the key to it. It is not really a great cuppa Joe but it is quick. I've been using them for 5 years and have tried no less than 30 kinds. Paradiso has been a long time go to for me. I use my Aeropress just as much and it is a 100 times better but it takes an extra 45 seconds and I have to clean up afterwards.

Love it!!

I really only drink The Donut Shops Chocolate Glazed Donut Coffee. Good Stuff...

This stuff is awesome.

Wife and I have had a Kuerig for a couple of years now and love it.

Ours is the older noisy version and keep hoping that it'll break so we can get the quiet version.

Great cup of coffee and I love the fact that I don't have to drink the same type all day.

Charlie

We had one in the lunchroom at work right before I left, nice quick coffee. I have also been to a retail store where they had one and will offer you a coffee while you shop. I still prefer my french press, but the Keurig is miles better than Folger's crystals.

I really like mine. Mine came to me as a gift from my Mom. She saw how I was pressed in the morning to get out the door for work and thought I would benefit from having one. I had really resisted it at first, thinking it wasted too much plastic that are the little cups the coffee comes in. But then I calculated the time and expense of going to the coffee stand and realized...what am I thinking?? The coffee is good and it is so simple.

Also I was told that if I just leave it turned on, it uses less electricity then turning it on and off in the mornings and without wearing out the "ignition". I love this machine. Costco is where I get my cups.

We have one in the office. It seems to brew fine, however a larger selection of coffees would be appreciated.

I've had one for over a year now. I like it, but I am starting to miss grinding up some good beans and making a cup with my Melitta single-cup. Plus Amazon just jacked up the price of k-cups and my local Costco didn't have the Newman's Own last time or any "Bold" k-cup available. Not to mention the waste generated. I am someone who used to go out of my way to buy shade grown beans, who now throws away a plastic cup every time he brews a cup.

I have the "My K-Cup" but could never get it to do a really good cup of coffee. Maybe I just need to revisit it. I just picked up another version of it that is well reviewed so far on Amazon. You don't need to take the Keurig apart to use this one, you just fill it up and pop it in like a k-cup. I need to get some beans and I'll try it out this weekend. http://www.amazon.com/Solofill-Refillable-Brewers-1-6-Ounce-Package/dp/B004CXG07S/ref=pd_sim_gro_22

There are plenty of good k-cups out there though. I find myself continually reordering Green Mountain Espresso Blend, Emeril Big Easy Bold, Newman's Own, GM Dark Magic, Timothy's Rainforest Espresso, Tully's Evergreen Blend, Van Houtte Eclipse, and the Coffee People Donut Shop.

The Keurig would be financially irresponsible for me. I drink the amount of coffee that would cost a small fortune if I used a Keurig. Im perfectly fine with a good ol' fashioned drip maker.

I LOVE mine. My wife bought it for me just...out of the blue. Big Easy Bold is one of my favorites. Along with Jet Fuel, and Donut Shop. Folgers Black Silk is okay too.

I used to get a 50 pack from Amazon for around $21.00, but they raised the price to nearly $30.00! :blink:

Has anyone tried the Green Mountain Coffee Double Black Diamond?? It's very expensive, but I've heard it's REALLY good...

I make 1 cup at home for the drive to work. Weekends, I usually make 2 or 3 cups. Since I'm the only coffee drinker, it works out great!

I have a one cup machine at work and a second at home. As I drink only two cups a day the Keurig makes it a snap.

I've settled on Timothy's Parisian Nights Extra bold as my go to k cup. Purchased by the case from coffeeforless.com. I just saw where the price is going up, though.

I've tried plenty of the K coffees (at friends, service stations, etc...) and have yet to find one that I thought was drinkable. They all seem burnt and weak.

Try Green Mountain Coffee's Dark Magic. My favorite. Just the right balance between strong and flavorful. Espresso blend is my other go-to flavor.

It's perfect for me as my Wife doesn't drink coffee, and I don't always want to brew more than a cup. French Press is my favorite, but it's messy, and kind of a nuisance.

It's not quite strong enough for me, but they have some great coffee out there even so. I stick to all the extra-bold K-cups. I almost always do two shots from one cup, and it's still acceptable. The Tassimo I started out with just couldn't do that. Really bad engineering too.

Re: the Green Mountain Double Black Diamond: Buy it!

Btw, if you aren't buying your K-cups direct for Kuerig, you should look into it. It's much cheaper than buying it anywhere else that I've found and I'll buy enough to get free shipping. Best deal I've seen apart from them is Sam's Club (no Costco here) that sells a case of 96 Carriboo Coffee cups for about $40.

Last edited:
another fan of the K-cups for me the best thing about them is the consistency in every cup, which is almost impossible to duplicate with any other method

I like the Gloria Jean's Black Gold extra bold, and Caribou coffee Caribou blend is pretty good too, I have tried just about all the coffee's the only brand I can say I don't consistently like any on them is the Green Mountain coffee's,
the new Hot apple cider is great but a little sweet

I noticed my brewer short cups me if I don 't use it every day but if used regularly I don't have that problem, and yes I tried it with and without the water filter in it, fwiw

Big crush on our Breville Keurig. Favorites for me are Nantucket and Chai Latte. SWMBO likes butter toffee. Variety though is part of the KCup charm. Our local Bed Bath & Beyond usually has a large inventory, and with their 20% off coupon, it is the consistenly lowest cost per KCup we've found. (Added bonus is that I get to use that tired out Frank the Tank quote from "Old School" about Saturday trips to BB&B).

Top Bottom