What's new

Any help with this razor? Please

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum sorry if this post is in the wrong area.

My GF has been given one of these by her father it belonged to her grandfather. she's given it to me at first I thought it was some sort of medieval torture device but have come to the conclusion it's a sort of razor.

Can anyone give me some more info on it please ? I haven't received it yet but my GF said it has a name "STAR" stamped on it. Is this a company name/logo ? Or a personal engraving from her grandfather ?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Attachments

• $images.jpg
    $images.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 172
Brilliant!! Thank you Matwho, I know my GF has family in the US which is why I guess her Grandfather had this type of razor. It's kind of an honour to have a great bit of American history given to me.

I better take her out for meal for this and not to a KFC :lol:

You can still get blades for that razor. Go to the single edge razor area of the forum for more information.

1912s are great shavers, not too mild, not too aggressive right there in the sweet spot. Congrats! :thumbup1:

Yep, the 1912 is one of the best all-around razors ever made! Use it, you'll love it!

What do you shave with now?

1912 model ok thanks for that soon as I get it i'll look at what info is on the razor. and post back with a few pics too.

Paul

Cheers guys, I won't be using it tho it'll sit in my display cabinet as it was my GF's grandfathers razor I wouldn't want to drop or damage it in anyway.

It's your decision to display only. However, you won't damage it through shaving with it and I would want my razors to be used after I leave this earth, especially by people that I was connected to. I think using something he used in respectful manner helps cross the folds of time between the two of you.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
It's your decision to display only. However, you won't damage it through shaving with it and I would want my razors to be used after I leave this earth, especially by people that I was connected to. I think using something he used in respectful manner helps cross the folds of time between the two of you.
That's a good philosophy, wanting people to use them after you're gone.

Top Bottom