What's new

Any Help Identifying this old OC?

Hey All,

I picked up this old Gillette Open Comb about 25 years ago in an antique store. I have never been able to figure out what model it is. It came with a Richwood wooden box and fits perfectly in there, but the Richwood razors on-line have a totally different handle. The razor has Gillette in the diamond and Made in USA on the head. It's a 3 piece razor and is quite heavy- weighing in at 71g.

Any help in figuring this out? Anything else I could look for? There are no markings on the handle that I can see, but with it being a distinct shape, I'm hoping someone would recognize it.

Thanks in advance!
OC.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The handle looks like a Durham Duplex DuBarry handle, so more pics of the Gillette head may be needed. Other than the non-Gillette handle, I know nothing.

The handle looks like a Durham Duplex DuBarry handle, so more pics of the Gillette head may be needed. Other than the non-Gillette handle, I know nothing.

Holy Cow! That's the handle. Amazing. Thanks so much. So, I got a FrankenRazor all those years ago. Oh well, won't be able to retire on that one. Good thing is that it shaves great with an average blade.

Thanks again!

The Duplex handle is based on (to the best of my knowledge) the first Wilkinson Sword 3 piece DE, that has square posts. One of the best handles available, IMO.

Top Bottom