What's new

Any guitar players out there?

My SVT 410 HLF cab has handles and wheels and slide rails too. It like a mini 8x10, but a bit fatter from front to back. Weighs a ton. It hasnt left my studio in years. Got rid of the 8x10s years and years ago. :)

For gigging, I now use a couple of Avatar cabs with Neo speakers. A 4x10, and a 2x12. It makes a nice stack and sounds amazing. My back thanks me every time.

Lots of us older guys are really enjoying the lightweight Class D amps and NEO cabs. I think it's great that people are able to continue doing what they love and modern technology has made it quick and pain free. I have played through the newer, lighter rigs and very much prefer my SVTs. For me, if I couldn't play through my rig I would probably not even bother.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have played through the newer, lighter rigs and very much prefer my SVTs. For me, if I couldn't play through my rig I would probably not even bother.

I really missed my SVTs until I discovered the Tech 21 VT-bass pedal. It does an amazing job of supplying that classic SVT tone. I don't leave home without it.

I really missed my SVTs until I discovered the Tech 21 VT-bass pedal. It does an amazing job of supplying that classic SVT tone. I don't leave home without it.

For a few years my back-up rig was an RBI/power amp rack. They do sound good and soundguys love them. I think too much is made of them "Sounding like SVTs" though. I don't think they sound like an SVT and they certainly don't "Feel" like an SVT. Again, it was my back-up rig ( until I started buying more SVTs) and I did like it and often recommend SansAmp products to friends looking for a nice, gritty tone with a good DI.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
For a few years my back-up rig was an RBI/power amp rack. They do sound good and soundguys love them. I think too much is made of them "Sounding like SVTs" though. I don't think they sound like an SVT and they certainly don't "Feel" like an SVT.

I think the VT-Bass pedal sound much more like an SVT than the RBI or any of the other "Sansamp" line. The VT-Bass is good enough for me. My amp is 5 lbs and the pedal might be a pound if that. So at under 6 lbs total, Ill take that over my old 90 lb plus heads. :) If I get a gig where they give me some roadies some day, you can bet I will rock an SVT and the ole 8x10s again.

Lots of guitars,

63 Gibson ES 175
60-something Rickenbacker 360
75 Greco Breezy Sound Telecaster
80 Greco EG1000 Les Paul
85 Fender Telecaster
86 Fender Strat
87 Fender Japan "order made" '54 Strat
87 Gibson Les Paul Standard
89 Gibson Les Paul Standard
90 Gibson SG Standard
2000 Gibson Faded Crescent Moon
2003 Fender Jaguar
2012 Martin D28
2015 Fender Jazzmaster
2016 Fender Master Built Clapton Strat

I started to learn and was having fun with it but haven't played much in the past 15 years because of work, marriage and then kids. I was initially given a unknown make Classical Guitar to learn on which I think sounds amazing. I then bought a lot at an auction with included a Peavey Fender Style electric guitar with hard shell case, Peavey amp, 8 channel Yamaha PA with speakers some microphones and stands and an Ovation guitar with hard shell case for $300.00. Which I still own. I'm pretty sure the Ovation is not an authentic but it sounds good and the whole lot was only $300.00 so whatever. I have lately been getting back into it and have forgotten a lot. I have also found an interest in three string cigar box guitars and have recently purchased 2 - one electric and one fretless acoustic (true old authentic style cigar box guitar) and am now in the process of making my own electric three string oil can guitar. I am having a lot of fun learning to play on these.

IMG_0966.JPG

Haven't been on the site in ages. But here's my guitar! Fender Hendrix edition Stratocaster. Amp is a Marshall code 25, which I got rid of a few months ago.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It is funny how the internet works. I was on a political website I frequent, and they have an area that serves about the same purpose that the Barber Shop does here. One of the members was saying how they had ordered an Edwards Les Paul clone with the Jimmy Page Super Circuit. So, I have to find out what a JPSC is. This lead me to the Gear Page forums (danger, Will Robinson), where I ended up spending a couple hours in their acoustic guitar section (after finding out what a JPSC was, of course). I have been working on learning the piano, and have also been listening to a lot of classical guitar music lately. Thanks to just doing an innocent search and clicking a few links, I am really wanting to get a mid level Yamaha classical guitar. Here is a picture of me with the Yamaha my uncle gave me- about 1978. I wish I still had that thing.

guitar.JPG

I've a Yamaha classical i bought in the mid 80's. Served me well through years of classical lessons, recitals and a few weddings.
dave

I can not believe this thread is dying away again! So, I'll just post something for the sake of posting something. My latest purchase, and oh man what a good choice, an Epiphone Texan in antique natural.

Just checking in. Been playing for around 15 years and released a few cds with my band years back. Here’s a few of my axes and amps. Cheers.

D3A5CD7B-4951-45B2-9F07-7E8344AE3CE9.jpeg
5F4A25CD-CD0F-493A-A403-C2D823ED53C2.jpeg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I can not believe this thread is dying away again! So, I'll just post something for the sake of posting something. My latest purchase, and oh man what a good choice, an Epiphone Texan in antique natural.

Nice! It's always fun getting new gear. I seem to disappear from the world for a week or two whenever I get a new guitar or pedal. :thumbup: Sounds great!

If anyone doesn't have a looper pedal I can recommend the cheapest one out there (I got one recently)...the Ammoon Looper which can be had for $34!

Top Bottom