What's new

Any good video or tutorials on shaving the mustache

guys

Are there any good videos or tutorials on shaving the mustache area.

I’m about 3 straight shaves in, Ive done my entire face except for the mustache

Thanks

Do you mean shaving round your moustache or shaving the moustache area?

If the latter, look on You Tube for "Coupe de Maitre" and "Fools Pass"

Most of the tutorials I see on straight razor shaving are done by guys with mustaches or goatees. For example, the awesome videos by Lynn Abrams.

I keep it clean. So I’m looking for a video on how to shave my mustache area (a few days growth).

Most of the tutorials I see on straight razor shaving are done by guys with mustaches or goatees. For example, the awesome videos by Lynn Abrams.

I keep it clean. So I’m looking for a video on how to shave my mustache area (a few days growth).

Anytime I see a video where the shaver has facial hair, I look for another. There is no doubt the chin and moustache area present the most challenging for a SR user.

The way I shave above the lip is with multiple passes with a blade flat slowly and no pressure. I use a E Type Schick to shave my columella and nostrils.

The only one I use to use is this one when I first started, but now I am starting to use both hands more...

I do a full SR shave on my 15th episode on my ‘Tube channel - GearNoir’s Shave Log (I can’t link it here sorry) ; I very often do at least 2 passes with an SR/shavette every day, then DE clean up. It’s from a fairly different angle to most folks, maybe it will give you some ideas.

Most of the challenge is just continuing practice and finding a comfortable routine to fall into.

I do a full SR shave on my 15th episode on my ‘Tube channel - GearNoir’s Shave Log (I can’t link it here sorry) ; I very often do at least 2 passes with an SR/shavette every day, then DE clean up. It’s from a fairly different angle to most folks, maybe it will give you some ideas.

Most of the challenge is just continuing practice and finding a comfortable routine to fall into.
thank you

WIN_20181226_18_04_38_Pro.jpg

Video of how to shave a 'stache properly. Notice that nothing happens to the 'stache regardless how long you look at it!
full

Top Bottom