What's new

Any good recommendation for Injector blades??

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
As the title says, I am looking for some Injector style blades. I got a Supply razor (the one that is adjustable), but the blades that came with it are nothing to brag about. Had some Schick Injector blades left and they are better. Is there any other good blades someone could recommend instead of the Schick or Supply blades. I have not been up to date on what is the beesknees on single edge injector style.

I haven't used an injector razor in a few years but when I did I liked the Schick Proline B-20 injector blades and the injector blades from ems.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
For my injector blades I use SChick (7 in a yellow package on Amazon) blades and the Personna SS PTFE blades. The Personna blades are very sharp with good longevity and smooth out nicely + predictable(Connaught shaving UK has good pricing 2-3 weeks delivery). The SChick blades are another favorite of a lot of folks on the forum & are made in Asia some where(China?) and are sharp & smooth with excellent longevity.
The B-20 Schick prolines are made for shavettes and not so much for injectors because they have large radis on the corners of the blade that barely catch the blade stops of a Schick injector but fellows still use them regardless(you might get a slight more aggressive shave with one IMO).
(L-R) B20 Schick proline Large radis corners............................Regular injector blade seated properly IMO
Schick proline b-20 vs regular1 (2).jpg
Schick regular vs Schick Proline 4 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
@Ron R nailed it (as usual)!!! So I second the yellow packaged "Chicks" (Schick recommendation). And I will say that I have hand loaded the non-injector Proline Schicks into my Schick Repeater razors (the precursor to the "injector-style") and have truly enjoyed the shaves I get with them as well. The yellow schicks will be easier to get and cheaper as well.

The new Supply black label blades are very good as well. These blades are made in seki japan, and people are speculating they are made b y feather. You might want to look at those as well.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've used injectors off & on since I was a lad - regrettably there's not much choice at present. That said, there isn't really a bad one made today either. My preference is vintage Plus Platinums (mostly Schicks but the less often found Gillette Plus Plats are good as well, Personna 74's are the ne plus ultra). As for present production either the Chicks or B-20's. The Supply Black labels are sharp but most expensive & come in an unreliable plastic injector, and I haven't found in using them to have the legs the other choices have. The Personna's are most economical usually but some (myself included) find them lagging the other choices in sharpness.

Rudy Vey

OK, spend some time online, but never found the so often mentioned "Chicks".
What I find, and also use for years, are the Schick blades in the orange packaging.
1651660457491.png

garyg

OK, spend some time online, but never found the so often mentioned "Chicks".
What I find, and also use for years, are the Schick blades in the orange packaging.
View attachment 1450135

The "Chicks" are the made in China version of what you pictured - it is in VERY small print on the reverse of the card. It has been sometime, but I remember seeing some with identical looking packaging that were made elsewhere.

Rudy Vey

The "Chicks" are the made in China version of what you pictured - it is in VERY small print on the reverse of the card. It has been sometime, but I remember seeing some with identical looking packaging that were made elsewhere.
I guess this is what I have...they show in minute print on the back ": made in China for...". Just got a four pack from Amazon.
Really looks like the old original Schick packaging and blade. I had not bought any of these for some 8 years or so, and then I got them in the local store here.

I guess this is what I have...they show in minute print on the back ": made in China for...". Just got a four pack from Amazon.
Really looks like the old original Schick packaging and blade. I had not bought any of these for some 8 years or so, and then I got them in the local store here.
I find the Schick injector blades made in China give me the best shaves. The current Personna injector blades are also good, but the cartridge they come in is flimsy plastic and can present a challenge when loading them. Also, I find the Personna blades a bit rough on the first shave.

Rudy Vey

I find the Schick injector blades made in China give me the best shaves. The current Personna injector blades are also good, but the cartridge they come in is flimsy plastic and can present a challenge when loading them. Also, I find the Personna blades a bit rough on the first shave.
I think so, too. They are better than the ones that came with the razor.
Thanks all!

garyg

I'm of the same opinion as Jim - they are rebranded Personna's - 20 to the white plastic pack, that said, the Personna's are the cheapest modern injectors, and there are those that find them sharp enough.

Top Bottom