What's new

Any good Neroli scented soaps out there?

For reference, I love the scent of the Phoenix Shaving Planet 9 and Petal Pusher Neroli, but Petal Pusher seems to have gone out of business (and had so-so performance) and the Phoenix soap base gives me red spots all over my cheeks, not terribly uncomfortable, but that's got to be a sign of some sort of alergic reaction (which is a real shame, since Vetiver Planet is another favorite scent)... I also enjoy Fine Acoutrements L'orange Noir, but it's a bit too muted to really satisfy.

So to sum up: I like a bitter, sharp, earthy scent, not sweet orange, or red hots (I have no idea how TFS came up with that scent!?!), orange blossom is OK too, though I enjoy the intensity of full-on neroli more.

Thanks for any leads you may be able to offer!

Nanny's Silly Soap made one, if I recall correctly. Fantastic straight-up neroli scent and a wonderful lather, too. I'm not sure if it is still available, or even if the company still exists.

Nanny's Silly Soap made one, if I recall correctly. Fantastic straight-up neroli scent and a wonderful lather, too. I'm not sure if it is still available, or even if the company still exists.

It does still exist and the Neroli was one of the few scents in stock... order placed!

Don Marco is Tang™ in shaving soap form, not a bad scent (especially for astronauts?), but the bright cheerful flip-side to the dark bitter scent of true neroli... It's one of the first soaps I tried in pursuit of this scent profile and in my opinion a complete mis-cue when billed as neroli.
I couldn’t fully recall if was a blended scent or more neroli or more bergamot. You are correct on the bright comment about this soap.

Son of Zeus is a bit closer than Don Marco, but has other notes in the mix that supply the darker side of the scent, I'm really seeking a big straight-up neroli hit ;)

Have some of this stashed away, but alas, seems to be dc'd by WSP.

proxy.php

You will get your neroli hit when your Nanny's Silly Soap arrives.

Please make sure you come back to this thread to give us your opinion of it. I think it is a highly underrated soap.

Top Bottom