What's new

Any Good DIY Aftershave Balm Recipes?

Hi All,

I'm looking for some tried and true diy aftershave balm recipes. I've tried several that I have found on YouTube and Pinterest, but none of them work as advertised. I've reached out to them for more information but get nothing but crickets. The ones I've made so far, usually turn out very oily/watery, do not absorb very well, feel greasy, and the essential oils I use at 3% are over powered by Shea butter. I like to tinker and do diy stuff. If you have a recipe that works for you, I'd love to give it a try. Thanks.

Not balm but I use 2-3 parts vodka, 1 part witch hazel, 1 menthol sliver per every 10 mls of liquid and 1 drop of eucalyptus oil per ml. Without the eucalyptus it's like Snake Bite. Stuff really works too.

Thanks Juanmosey. I appreciate it. I'll give it a try. Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm not getting email notices that my posts are being replied to.

My input will be of no use whatsoever, but.......

Chip fat and vinegar rubbed into your skin will leave a greasy and astringent coating which make you feel very hungry.

I can't leave my post-shave balms alone. I've dissolved menthol crystals in Everclear & add a few drops to the bottle of my Nivea Cooling Balm for Sensitive Skin, then also a few drops of Oud Oil.

My old original recipe for post shave balm was to mix some Gillette after shave with Curel handcream, then also add some Dimethicone, and some 100% Hyaluronic acid.

I use the menthol Nivea mostly in the summer, and my DIY recipe in the cooler months.

Top Bottom