What's new

Any good custom shaving brush crafters?

Larry at Whipped Dog is a great guy to work with, he made me a beautiful 2 Band Badger (high mountain I believe), and it is far and away my favorite brush.

Hey all havent posted in awhile but im looking for a recmonded custom shaving brush craftsman i am wanting to create a good shaving brush in honor of my mom who passed away from cancer 2 years ago but I also wanna incorporate something to do with are favorite college football team any recommendation?

Any decisions yet?

Contact Melvin at Badlandsshaving.com
I've got two of his custom brushes. The oak burl/gold resin with silvertip badger came as is. Melvin made me the walnut burl/ silver resin handle for an APShaveco cashmere knot I installed myself.
They are beautiful.
20200324_173706.jpg

There's a metric ton of custom makers out there these days.

Rudy Vey's been around and an active member and contributer to B&B longer than I can remember. I doubt he could even remember how many brushes he's crafted in that time.
I'd have to recommend him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Razor ,i've got one of is brushes since 2009 and it's my every day brush , he's on the board but i can't remenber is name .i've restore brushes myself but he's is my fav .

View attachment 811445

His username is Eskimo, and he does excellent work. I have a second brush on the way, although I have not necessarily ordered a true custom brush from him.

I do have a couple custom brushes from Nathan Clark/Envy Shave that I quite enjoy.

NathanClarkCustomOSU.jpg
EnvyNathanClarkCustomOSUHelmet.jpg

Craving Shaving is a great artisan that makes beautiful brushes. He carries synthetic knots and you can also set the knot yourself. I have a couple of his work and I love it to this day.

CS Mail Call 1.jpg
Craving Shaving 'A Shade of Jade' Mix knot brush.jpg

IMG_20190916_200341450_2.jpg
IMG_20200309_165905849~2.jpg

Top Bottom