What's new

Any geologists or Stone masters? Sorensen

I have a Sorensen stone that was my grandfathers and I'm trying to determine the Grit. On the same side where the name is on the stone at the other end it's marked FINE. My confusion is that it feels more smooth to the touch than my 4000 and 8000 grit stones. I've found limited information on the Sorensen & Co stones to help me. The physical appearance is a light to medium grey and the stone measures 12" x 3" x 1/2". Any help locating information is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sorenson tri hones show up on occasion. They look like Nortons and will have "not for resale" on them which kind of makes me think they might have used them not manufactured them, but I don't know for sure.

Antique Razor-Knife Honing Sharpening Stone in Original Wood Box SIGNED SORENSEN

Antique Razor-Knife Honing Sharpening Stone in Original Wood Box SIGNED SORENSEN Here's a nice antique honing stone in it's original wood box and signed on its side Sorensen. This nice piece is 12 1/2" by 3 1/2". Stone has been used and as the pictures show but very nice. Condition: Used,

Everyone thinks everything is a natural stone unless something proves absolutely it's a synth. 9/10 "natural" hones on eBay are synths.

We need pictures. No one can identify a stone from a description of the color. Light grey and those dimensions? I immediately think it's a carbo from a tri-hone kit. Pictures would tell us if that's right or not.

Top Bottom