What's new

Any flashlight geeks here?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Being on Candlepower Forums since 2003, maybe I'm an aficionado. 😉 Have been there for info on headlamps for climbing and backcountry and self and home defense. Have gone the route from Streamlight and Surefire, still have the original L4 Lumamax, THE WALL OF LIGHT, early Fenix, Olight, Eagletac... to Zebralights... SC600 first gen, my house and bedside light; SC52, a great AA light, my EDC and travel light; SC62, another phenomenal light another EDC. An early Olight Triton that I bought right after a home invasion in Feb 2008.

I've got lights, mostly 18650 around the house. A CR123 light in my 4Runner. Still have my Pila 18650 charger. Use currently an Opus BT-C3400. And a Maha MH-C9000 for the AA and AAA Eneloops. In the AA SC52, I use 14500 cells, or Energizer Lithium in very cold weather.

All in all, haven't bought a light in about five or six years, the science back then still works very well.

These are the light I use on a regular basis. All are great View attachment 1221426lights!
Another L4 Lumamax user here. You just cannot kill the things. Do you know if they be upgraded at all, say to newer emitters?

Another L4 Lumamax user here. You just cannot kill the things. Do you know if they be upgraded at all, say to newer emitters?

I double checked for the L4 model I have, unfortunately no. I keep it in my living room, use it to light up tv and audio settings if I have to. Still blows me away... THE WALL OF LIGHT. My first digital, led ( non bulb) light. 😉

Dont think I have FAD, but do like my Nightstick 558. Almost too bright in some settings (inside) on brightest setting. Like the fact it is usb chargeable and also takes batteries. Had it for awhile now snd has worked great.

Anyone have a recommendation for a singe AAA right-angle flashlight?

I had a Lumintop that satisfied that desire briefly. It decided to die before it's time, now I see it's no longer for sale. I guess maybe there's a reason they don't sell it anymore...

Prefer warm-ish LED and a magnet on the endcap. if possible. If there's a headband for it, even better.

20210702_200244.jpg
couple of olights from the flash sale arrived today

Streamlight!

I think everyone prefer to carry flashlight or headlamp during outdoor !
Sometime its life survival :)

For one, I really appreciate everyone and their contributions. I'm a wannabe flashlight geek. I'm retired military, so most of my Flashlights are military grade. I really want a nice looking flashlight with capability like I'm used to. What do you suggest?

Jason

Ad Astra

The Instigator
For one, I really appreciate everyone and their contributions. I'm a wannabe flashlight geek. I'm retired military, so most of my Flashlights are military grade. I really want a nice looking flashlight with capability like I'm used to. What do you suggest?

Jason

I really like the Fenix lights, but the Streamlight people are equally happy ...

AA

Jason

Check out Olights.

Top Bottom