What's new

Any fans of Treet Blacks?

I tried the "Black Beauty", and it's one of the blades with the least irritation I've used. Its straight up Carbon steel with no nickel coating or anything.

I had to dry these out after each use. I think this is what Vintage shaving was really like

I tried the "Black Beauty", and it's one of the blades with the least irritation I've used. Its straight up Carbon steel with no nickel coating or anything.

I had to dry these out after each use. I think this is what Vintage shaving was really like
Good tip! I was given a tuck of these and will be trying them soon. What razor did you try them in?

I've tried em in both the Krona and Superspeeds. Some people get 2 uses, but I got 3 shaves

These carbons have zero coating on them. It could be suitable for someone allergic to certain metals
Good tip! I was given a tuck of these and will be trying them soon. What razor did you try them in?

They are the only DE blades I use.
Two shaves at most, but they are so cheap in Britain.
Carbon blades are kinder on my skin generally.

Great blade !...just "pat" dry with a small piece of TP , and set into a dry razor for the next shave, exactly what we did in the old days with Gillette Blue Blades...

There is one loaded in the Piccolo for tonights shave. I purchased them on sale a few years ago so I have many hundreds. I usually get one smooth shave then toss, they always work well for me.

Let me just say that I am really glad for you guys. To be able to make these cool, old school blades work for you is awesome. I had one shave with Treet Black and I was the most uncomfortable shave I have ever had. My first reaction was "my God, who would ever use these?"

So I'm glad they're of benefit for somebody, especially if the mainstream coated blades give you allergies and irritation.

I just used one yesterday and got a great shave. I can get at least one more shave from the blade. After using it I removed it from the razor and dried it. No rust for me!

I bought a tuck, tried one and found it less than smooth, but briefly sharp. I got two decent shaves in a New LC.
I'll try again sometime with maybe a Krona. At this point, I don't plan to order any more, but they do look retro-cool!

I tried one in each of my razors, and was...underimpressed. Good blade, and lovely to look at, but they were TOO mild and didn't shave well. I'll probably revisit them since I bought a pack of five tucks. Heh. (In the same order, I bought four tucks of Falcon, Treet's non-blued carbon blade. Those are a different story, much more efficient.)

Glad you guys get good results with the blacks!!

For me, they are mid-tier blades that don’t last long.

Top Bottom