What's new

Any fake blades out there?

I'm just about to replenish my Feather de blades and can't help noticing a variation in price from different sellers. Of course, there are numerous reasons for this. But wd some people really go to the trouble of making fake blades? Have any of you suspected you may have bought fakes? I,ve only ever bought them through ebay. Is there a safer online option? I'm in the uk, so over the counter has never been an option.

I bought 400 Feather blades from the Z last week for $14. Today the same blades are $36. I watched the price during the next day climb to $16 and then $25 in less than 24 hours. Who knows why they gave them away for $14. I have not seen them yet, but have no reason to suspect them.

I’ve heard a lot about counterfeit blades, but to my knowledge no one has proven a blade is counterfeit. I chalk those comments up to shavers that don’t have a stable technique.

I've bought most of my many blades from eBay over the years and while some have been better than others I've never suspected that any were fake.

Don't know about fakes, but I have had BAD 100 packs....rough, unusable: Gillette Seven O'Clock, Bic, Voskhod.
I got the above mentioned Feathers at 16$ and haven't tried. Still using the yellow packs from last year.
As far as prices go, check every day and buy when cheap. But if you want peace of mind, buy them from a reputable store ($$)

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I received counterfeit blades once, I think it was the Gillette Slims. It was obvious from the first shave. But other than that one time, everything else was okay. Agree with @xiletero - better to buy blades from a reputable seller.

This, I don't really buy anything from Amazon, I like to buy directly from the source.
On the other hand, I'm sure Amazon or resellers are fine for certain things.
I buy most of my blades from Amazon, but only thru Wish4Blades or Razorbladesclub as I trust these two companies and have bought thousands of blades from them over the years with no issues.

I’ve heard a lot about counterfeit blades, but to my knowledge no one has proven a blade is counterfeit. I chalk those comments up to shavers that don’t have a stable technique.
LOL. Lots of counterfeit blades are manufactured. Mainly in China. At least half of them are P&G brands. There are plenty of threads here on many models. Most of them have photos showing the fake and the original.

Some say some of the feather on ebay are fake.

Yesterday I saw some really suspicious Astra SS locally.

So they do exist. The shaving world is worth billions so counterfeiters will definitely want to jump on the bandwagon.

Top Bottom