What's new

Any experiences with these brushes?

Hello all! Brian here and I'm new to the straight razor. I'm in a process of slowing down my life. I threw my cell phone into the ocean a while back and have been getting rid of the fast pace life slowly but surely.

Straight razors seem like the logical next step. I have a vintage Rubberset shaving brush that belonged to my great grandfather that I've had on a shelf for most of my life. It has got me intrigued with the idea of it all.

So I've been putting together the tools of the trade so to speak and I came across this find on eBay that I thought might be a great starter brush. It comes with what sounds like good soap but my be something else made by a character from Fight Club for all I know. LoL

They say they are hand made by artisans local to New England. What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=5671575339&rd=1&rd=1

I find it interesting that they go on and on about the soap in the description, but barely mention the brush. Maybe there's not much to say about it . . .

Did you really throw your cell phone in the ocean? I haven't yet gotten one to throw away. :smile:

I find it interesting that they go on and on about the soap in the description, but barely mention the brush. Maybe there's not much to say about it . . .

Did you really throw your cell phone in the ocean? I haven't yet gotten one to throw away. :smile:

I thought that to be strange too. All about the soap and no talk about the brush. I have found some treasures at local farmer's/flea markets were artisans make really well hand made stuff and sell it way cheap by market standards. It's only $15, what's to lose right? If the brush was crap, I would just hope the soap was not made out of liposuction extract ya know?

Yeah I used to be a network admin. I looked like Pancho Villa, but with cell phones, pagers and pda's. I got out of that line of work after about 15 years of panic attacks and failed relationships...
My last hurrah was quiting that job, moving out to the west coast and throwing that cell phone in the ocean. I felt like I was on a leash when I had one. People expect you to answer the damn thing where ever you are. Now it's just a land line for me. I have an answering machine. I might get rid of that damn thing soon too! :001_tongu

Brian

Top Bottom