What's new

Any experience with C&E Super Badger brush

I was in my local C&E today picking up a tub of Almond Oil shave cream ($6.50 what a deal!) and looked at a C&E logoed Super Badger brush with an Ivory handle. Man it seemed nice, I loved the size of the handle (fairly large) and the overall weight of the brush. The tips seemed very soft while the brush shafts seemed fairly stiff. I wasn't able to find any threads/reviews on this so just wondered if anyone had any experience with this brush. I think I read somewhere that Jager makes the C&E brushes but wasn't sure if that was true for this one or not. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Jim

I think I remember seeing one of these brushes in one of Scotto's SOTD posts, but I could be wrong.
Cheers, DJ.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Jim,
I have that brush and you are correct in it's origins. The faux ivory handle feels good in the hand and it is a very dense head of badger on it. It is the best brush I own. Really a nice feeling piece especially once it gets wet and the head "blooms".

That said though it is also my least used. I have a partial beard and the huge brush head is simply to large for me. One dab on each cheek and I am fully lathered <g>. I used mine twice and now it sits unused on my dresser.

If you or another member does not mind a twice used brush it is available at a good price. I think it retails for around $80 or so. I still have the box it came in too.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony, great offer and thanks for the words of wisdom on the size, it did seem like a big brush but I'm still drawn to it. I'll drop you a PM to follow up on the possible purchase of your brush!

Jim

jimkuhr said:
I was in my local C&E today picking up a tub of Almond Oil shave cream ($6.50 what a deal!) and looked at a C&E logoed Super Badger brush with an Ivory handle. Man it seemed nice, I loved the size of the handle (fairly large) and the overall weight of the brush. The tips seemed very soft while the brush shafts seemed fairly stiff. I wasn't able to find any threads/reviews on this so just wondered if anyone had any experience with this brush. I think I read somewhere that Jager makes the C&E brushes but wasn't sure if that was true for this one or not. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Jim

I use this brush everyday (see SOTD posts), its a fantastic brush! :thumbup1:

jimkuhr said:

Thanks!
Jim
Jim,
You may wish to read the thread entitled Edwin Jagger for Crabtree and Evelyn here for starters.

Top Bottom