What's new

Any chances of a full beard?

My name is Jeremy 51 y. o. with black/white beard and darkblond hair.
I've decided to let my stubble grow into a long full beard. Here you can see an update after 10 days. My goal is a completely, thick beard.
Do you see opportunities?

Attachments

• A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 117628446_196098988785192_4784986195381370465_o.jpg
    117628446_196098988785192_4784986195381370465_o.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 95
If you really want a beard, increasing your testosterone will definitely help. Exercise and eating fish are good ways to boost beard growth. There are also vitamins for beard growth you can look into. But if you do want to see what you can do without external influence, yea, give it about three or so months.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Gotta let that grow for a long while. Months. Once it‘s longer it may look more full.

Genetics are the most important factor in growing beards. If the genes are not there, then forget about it. Testosterone is secondary. Unless you have super super low (like, go see a doctor low because you likely have other symptoms) testosterone it’s not going to matter if you supplement it. You’re not going to magically sprout more hair follicles.

Get your sleep, eat healthy, lower your stress. Basically.....be a perfect individual and you may notice a healthier looking beard. There is no magical serum to grow hair.

I’m not sure why we men can’t just be happy with our facial hair no matter how it is. It’s not a “how jacked is your truck” contest. I can guarantee 99% of guys don’t look at other guys and think “damn, that dude’s beard is weak!”. And that 1% that does are not your friends anyway so who cares.

Of course genetics are important and YMMV but the first time I grew my beard for 6 months without exercise and supplements was vastly different than I grew it with. Almost twice the growth. Ill admit I was going overboard on the supplements but it had an effect on my beard growth and hair growth as well. I was trying to bulk up when I started my beard growth and I wanted the results of anabolic steroids without the side effects so I researched a bunch of supplements to boost testosterone and Ill admit the way I went about it probably wasn't healthy but it did have an effect on my beard growth.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Of course genetics are important and YMMV but the first time I grew my beard for 6 months without exercise and supplements was vastly different than I grew it with. Almost twice the growth. Ill admit I was going overboard on the supplements but it had an effect on my beard growth and hair growth as well. I was trying to bulk up when I started my beard growth and I wanted the results of anabolic steroids without the side effects so I researched a bunch of supplements to boost testosterone and Ill admit the way I went about it probably wasn't healthy but it did have an effect on my beard growth.
Kinda like my wife's hair on prenatal vitamins and excess hormones!

You know, I mentioned my hair having been effected. After I quit taking the handful of supplements in the morning and at night promote testosterone(which I did for almost three years, NOT RECOMMENDED) and I starting using shampoos and conditioners with biotin and collagen, my hair started exploding out of my head.

Well you're a decent looking guy. The beard will age you. Up until the last few years that 'aging' look was the domain of guys who hit the age where they didn't care. like over 60. Sometimes the older the dude the more gnarly looking the beard, as kind of a way of reclaiming their youtfhull rebellion. In recent years maybe the aging look is a kind of badge of honor that comes with accepting aging and maybe it's healthy for the psyche. I confess, I'm vain, I want to look younger

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Everyone is born with X number of hair follicles. No one makes more as they grow older. The X number is decided in the womb and that number is final.

Maybe it’s possible to make hair grow faster, but it’s not possible to make new hair follicles.

The density of hair growth is somewhat fixed based on your genes, but that doesn't mean you can't do anything to help it.
Use a shampoo (same as your hair shampoo) on your beard hair as well, if you are not against it.
Use some combination of oils like castor+ almond + argan (castor being the least in volume) and gently massage your beard area after bath.
This will give a healthier look to your beard, who knows maybe you'll grow some more folices due to massage, care and oils.
After it grows to somewhat substantial, use a comb to manage it, it gives a fuller feel to the otherwise unkept beard.

I used to keep full beard for a number of years and above regime helped me maintain a healthy beard and kept my face from itching.
Supplements are personal opinion, I didn't used any extra to boost hair growth.

There are various youtube videos that claim miracles of magic beard growth with rogaine applied to the face and using micro abrasion dermal rollers. From the looks of it, its still a long process even doing that. Just grow it out, try biotin supplements, prenatal vitamins (some swear by them) and keep the skin healthy underneath but just grow it out and be patient.

There are various youtube videos that claim miracles of magic beard growth with rogaine applied to the face and using micro abrasion dermal rollers. From the looks of it, its still a long process even doing that. Just grow it out, try biotin supplements, prenatal vitamins (some swear by them) and keep the skin healthy underneath but just grow it out and be patient.
I've watched videos where guys use minoxidil and I'm surprised at the results. I'm lucky that I can grow a decent beard that connects.

But even if I couldn't, I wouldn't use that stuff. I don't know what the long-term side effects are.

I've watched videos where guys use minoxidil and I'm surprised at the results. I'm lucky that I can grow a decent beard that connects.

But even if I couldn't, I wouldn't use that stuff. I don't know what the long-term side effects are.
Minoxidil was originally designed as an anti-hypertensive drug, so it will lower your blood pressure and raise your heart rate, possibly making you feel faint. A good way to slit your own throat while shaving your neck!

I am in the same boat. Cheeks and neck are just patchy and for me will never grow a full beard. Most of mine grows around the moustache and chin area so I am just trying a goatee. I'm a month in so far. That's the hardest part because you have to give it several months in most cases and it kinda sucks going to work looking rough! Thankfully I am behind a face mask all day!

Top Bottom