What's new

Any card players here?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
What's your game?

IMG_20190226_165615997 (1).jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
If it's for money I stick with Blackjack. I always at least pay for the trip to Vegas with the winnings. Poker I'm not any good at.

ouch

If it's for money I stick with Blackjack. I always at least pay for the trip to Vegas with the winnings. Poker I'm not any good at.
Going to Atlantic City next month. I'll try to bankrupt the blackjack tables, while the missus will be eating somebody's heart at the poker tables.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Pretty much poker for me, but I'll sometimes play blackjack if I just want something to do for a little while.

Some friends of mine are trying to get me into pinochle. I'm managed to resist, so far.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Been playing Rummy once a week for a while now. Texas Hold Em if I’m playing poker.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I wonder if games like rummy, bridge, and Euchre are a regional thing. Growing up in the north, it seems like everyone played a card game of some sorts (or their parents did). Most people I run into down here did not have the same experience (poker being an exception).

ouch

I used to think that chess was the most complicated game, but I believe poker is much more difficult.

And nobody liked the peek at my nifty cards?

I used to think that chess was the most complicated game, but I believe poker is much more difficult.

And nobody liked the peek at my nifty cards?

Make for an interesting game of 520 card pickup, or there 'bouts.

It is a very nice collection, can't say i've ever seen any of those packages before!
dave

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Pretty much poker for me, but I'll sometimes play blackjack if I just want something to do for a little while.

Some friends of mine are trying to get me into pinochle. I'm managed to resist, so far.
Pinochle is a great game. Lots of strategy involved, or not, depends on your style. I have many great memories of playing that game with Mom and Dad and one or another of my siblings.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I like penny ante poker, dealers choice. Wish I had a weekly poker game, with cigars and draft beer, lol.

I absolutely LOVE cribbage. For the following reason I believe its close to the perfect game:
-can be played by people of any age (great way to teach kids (or some adults) how to add)
-can be played without having to speak (I've played strangers in Germany & China who spoke no English and was still loads of fun)
-having a cribbage board in your office is a good ice breaker
-can play a single game in ~5 minutes or spend a whole evening
-easy to swap players in & out (helpful for beer & pee breaks)
-play for fun or for money
-easy to each someone the rules
-good mix of strategy & luck
-equipment can be as basic as a deck of cards and pad of paper up to some very nice & custom boards

Top Bottom