What's new

Any Canadians on The Brown Leaf

It’s lonely in the great North. I used to have some friends on The Pipe Smokers Forum, but the recent interations of that have prevented me from even logging in. I was a very active board.
I used to be able to swap pipes and tabac with Canadian friends, so I’ve started posting with the friendly bunch here. So if there’s some Canadians on board give me a holler.
Its so darn hard even finding tobacco in Canada. Darn shame.
I have my Karve razors etc, but Immglas we have The Brown Leaf!

Well I'm here and back from like a 9 year hiatus (had some kids and they took up a lot of free time) AND Canadian.

I agree with it hard finding tobacco. I've got two cigar shops in my city and they can get about 7 blends from C&D, a few from Seattle Pipe Club, Solani, McBaren, and of course Brigham (The Acadian mixture isn't half bad).

I'm in Southwestern Ontario.

Windsor, ON here. I’ve given up trying to find decent selections of pipe tobacco locally and typically just order from smoking pipes.

Windsor, ON here. I’ve given up trying to find decent selections of pipe tobacco locally and typically just order from smoking pipes.
Good to hear from fellow Canucks. I used to order from the States, but I’m not sure what customs is up to lately and didn’t want to pay thrice the bill. Reckon I’ll give it a go. A while back I used to order 1/2 pound or so and customs was a bit relaxed and sometimes things would slide through. I wonder if it’s tighter now than it ever was?

I try to keep under 7oz/$20USD per order and it seems only one in about 10 get $40-$60 duties applied. Even the ones that I do have to pay duty on, it’s still cheaper than the $200 it would cost here. I also always request that it gets shipped in an envelope instead of a box. (Not sure if it matters but itts worked for me). And I get the tobacco I want, and not the one or two brands that the stock.

I try to keep under 7oz/$20USD per order and it seems only one in about 10 get $40-$60 duties applied. Even the ones that I do have to pay duty on, it’s still cheaper than the $200 it would cost here. I also always request that it gets shipped in an envelope instead of a box. (Not sure if it matters but itts worked for me). And I get the tobacco I want, and not the one or two brands that the stock.
I've ordered twice in the last few months. 4 tins or 8oz, no more than that. I figure the same thing, even with duty it's still cheaper than here and I can select from more than just a handful of blends.

Yeah for my first orders I went with cigar chief so that I would not have to pay taxes. But ordering from the states is still cheaper (although it is worth it for the cigars). Plus the variety is just so much greater. My local b&m only carries amphora blends (not that I think it is bad just it is not nearly enough variety)
Smoking pipes or pipes and cigars for me.

Yeah there doesn't seem to be a lot of pipe smokers up here in the fridgid north. Perhaps starting a virtual hurf is in the cards?

Last edited:
Top Bottom