What's new

Any Boxing Fans???

I didn't watch that as I knew Davis would win

Should be interesting Davis v garcia
Same, but i didn't think he was gonna take that long. He struggled at times with Hector. This Garcia has a solid chin though.

Can't say the same for Ryan. If tank catches him like Campbell did, it might be over. Tanks power is not overrated.

Now.. seeing how Hector was successful at times, managing distance. I think Ryan can do that. And he also has power. I think Ryan has more power than Hector. Just not sure about that chin, if you notice how open he leaves himself when he throws that hook. Tank will find that opening.

Really interesting fight.

Last edited:

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I am a boxing fan - pre Mike Tyson. After he reigned I lost interest. I liked early MMA. Not so interested now.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I wonder if any of the descendants are still in southern Colorado?
That would be interesting.... My Grandma loved him, lol.

I remember watching a film of him that I borrowed from the local library on 8mm! It's amazing that I could do that in the 1970s!

That would be interesting.... My Grandma loved him, lol.

I remember watching a film of him that I borrowed from the local library on 8mm! It's amazing that I could do that in the 1970s!
When I was maybe 7 (around 1960) we went to the restaurant in NYC. Don't remember seeing him.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
1708045508142.gif
I'd like to see these two Heavyweights battle it out. :thumbsup: :

WBC Champ - Tyson Fury vs. WBA, WBO & IBF Champ: Oleksandr Usyk

proxy.php
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion’". Muhammad Ali

I am a boxing fan, or at least I was. ESPN dropped Friday Night Fights, HBO dropping boxing altogether, Showtime gets almost no matches of import, and waayyyy too many fights are PPV that are NOT PPV worthy. Then there's streaming. I don't feel like paying for every streaming service, I dropped HBO, I dropped Showtime, and ESPN isn't worth checking out any more. Also, you can't go to a bar and see a PPV fight unless it's a heavyweight fight.

I didn't give up on boxing, it gave up on me.

Al

PS - Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face. ~Tyson~

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
View attachment 1796936 I'd like to see these two Heavyweights battle it out. :thumbsup: :

WBC Champ - Tyson Fury vs. WBA, WBO & IBF Champ - Oleksandr Usyk

Hmmm...we could call it..."Smack Down in Sin City".
Update.png..."Tyson Fury (The Gypsy King), speaks to WBC about Oleksandr Usyk fight".

By Liam Llewellyn - Daily Express US - 21 Feb 24

"WBC chairman Mauricio Sulaiman has revealed he recently spoke to Tyson Fury about his fight with Oleksandr Usyk, who has a backup opponent on standby.1708607818908.gif

proxy.php

Tyson Fury (L) and Oleksandr Usyk (R)

Tyson Fury has told the World Boxing Council (WBC) that he's getting ready for his rescheduled fight with Oleksandr Usyk.

The two boxing giants
were set to face each other in Saudi Arabia on Saturday, February 17.
proxy.php

"It's boxing. It happens, and I'm sure it's going to be an even bigger fight now," he shared with reporters in London. "The frustration they both have to endure, so much sacrifice, so much patience, so much work put in, and then one cut and everything is delayed. But they're back in the gym. I spoke to Tyson a couple of days ago.

1708045508142-gif.1796936
"He's fine, he's ready to continue and it's going to be one of the best events in the history of boxing on Saturday,
May 18 [
2024]."

1708610267302.jpeg

Tyson Fury (L) and Oleksandr Usyk (R)

The last time all the heavyweight division belts [WBC, WBA, WBO & IBF] were [unified] was in 1999 when Lennox Lewis beat Evander Holyfield.

Fury hasn't fought since his controversial win over Francis Ngannou in October 2023, while Usyk defeated Daniel Dubois in his last fight in August 2023".

Read More: Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk - 18 May 24

proxy.php
"Champions aren’t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them—a desire, a dream, a vision". 'Smokin' Joe Frazier

Last edited:
Top Bottom