What's new

any blades made in brazil?

I'm currently using Gillette Platinum Plus which are discontinued but I really like them. Looking for a replacement and wondering why we don't see any blades made in Brazil.

When I was cartridge shaving I pretty much exclusively used Gillette Sensor 3 blades which also happened to be made in Brazil, and which I think still are.

Attachments

• sensor3.jpeg
    sensor3.jpeg
    778.9 KB · Views: 12

lasta

Blade Biter
AFAIK Brazilian Platinum Plus are still being produced. If not, there should be a sizeable stock of Brazilian Wilkinson Swords. Should be more or less the same blade.

AFAIK Brazilian Platinum Plus are still being produced. If not, there should be a sizeable stock of Brazilian Wilkinson Swords. Should be more or less the same blade.
Where can I find either of them? The seller on eBay I bought my stash of 500+ PP has run out.

lasta

Blade Biter
Unfortunately these along with the Plats are Gillette/PG local products. Not widely distributed.

Your best chance is eBay lots. I found some meant for the Japanese market.

FYI, they are good blades, but nothing special in particular vs Gillette Russian/Chinese blades.

I don't think the Platinum Plus has been produced for several years but I believe the Gillette Wilkinson Sword is still in production.

Also I think the Gillette Minora, made in Brazil/sold in Columbia is still produce. Or at least, it's still available for purchase.
1672787298825.png

But as mentioned, very hard to find outside their respective markets

I don't think the Platinum Plus has been produced for several years but I believe the Gillette Wilkinson Sword is still in production.

Also I think the Gillette Minora, made in Brazil/sold in Columbia is still produce. Or at least, it's still available for purchase.
View attachment 1582406

But as mentioned, very hard to find outside their respective markets

Does anyone know what kind of Gillette Platinum is this? It is available in Brazil and I've never seen it. "Barbershop edition".

It's listed in a lot of websites.

1672830558459.png

I really like the old style design. It really does look old time barber shop. What's interesting is the "designed" and "Made by" stamps. I don't think I've seen Gillette use that before.

I'm not much of a world traveler, but I am still surprised by the amount of English in countries that are not predominantly English speaking.

I really like the old style design. It really does look old time barber shop. What's interesting is the "designed" and "Made by" stamps. I don't think I've seen Gillette use that before.

I'm not much of a world traveler, but I am still surprised by the amount of English in countries that are not predominantly English speaking.
It is an old and inexpensive marketing tool, they never got tired of.

Due to strong dominance of English speaking countries, there is a common sense here in "third" world that if it's in English obviously is better . If it has only Portuguese and /or Spanish words then it's a crap.

You would be surprised the amount of people using t-thirts with English words with total ignorance of its meaning.

lasta

Blade Biter
It is an old and inexpensive marketing tool, they never got tired of.

Due to strong dominance of English speaking countries, there is a common sense here in "third" world that if it's in English obviously is better . If it has only Portuguese and /or Spanish words then it's a crap.

You would be surprised the amount of people using t-thirts with English words with total ignorance of its meaning.
Came across this in Bahrain:
mmexport1675097081241.jpg
Although I must admit, having tasted varieties, Canadian water is sweeter!

I had a shave with this Brazilian but actually made in China Gillette Barbershop Edition this week.

A good / decent blade, but I would not rush for another pack. Isn't nearly as good as Russian or Indian Platinum in terms of sharpness and smoothness.

Top Bottom