What's new

Any big wheel gun fans?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have enough supplies to load up some .38 Spl, but don't think I want to dig out the portable reloading bench, lift the heavy Rock Chucker and bolt it on, set up the other stuff, and pull the handle on the single stage a bunch of times. I have plenty of carry ammo and a full box of .38 target loads.

Had a nasty fall a couple of days ago. Thought I'd strained my back muscles real good, again. I still have some opiod (I hate opiods) pain pills from last time so I've been taking those and hobbling around on a cane. Went to a stand alone ER today to see what they said. They did a CT scan and said I have a broken back. No wonder I've been hurting so much.
Really sorry to hear that! No, you don't want to be reloading right now. Praying for your recovery, keep us updated.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have enough supplies to load up some .38 Spl, but don't think I want to dig out the portable reloading bench, lift the heavy Rock Chucker and bolt it on, set up the other stuff, and pull the handle on the single stage a bunch of times. I have plenty of carry ammo and a full box of .38 target loads.

Had a nasty fall a couple of days ago. Thought I'd strained my back muscles real good, again. I still have some opiod (I hate opiods) pain pills from last time so I've been taking those and hobbling around on a cane. Went to a stand alone ER today to see what they said. They did a CT scan and said I have a broken back. No wonder I've been hurting so much.
You did it wrong.

When you step on a crack it is supposed to break someone else's back.

I genuinely lust after those old-school S&W 25-5's in .45 Long Colt.

The 4", 6.5" and 8" barrels just don't do it for me. The five-inch barrel on that gorgeous, honkin' big N-Frame is just perfect, IMO.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Yup, that will probably do it. Speedy recovery!

Prayers sent your way, get well soon Mike! :)

Really sorry to hear that! No, you don't want to be reloading right now. Praying for your recovery, keep us updated.
You did it wrong.

When you step on a crack it is supposed to break someone else's back.

Get better my friend @simon1 !

We need you!

Thanks guys. I already had an appointment with a regular Doc for tomorrow for something else...boy is he gonna be surprised.

I have a feeling this is gonna take awhile. Looks like it's lightweight carry for a bit. Probably the 14 oz. Colt Cobra or the 20 oz. Charter Arms Bulldog.

1603642101837.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks guys. I already had an appointment with a regular Doc for tomorrow for something else...boy is he gonna be surprised.

I have a feeling this is gonna take awhile. Looks like it's lightweight carry for a bit. Probably the 14 oz. Colt Cobra or the 20 oz. Charter Arms Bulldog.

View attachment 1173516
I will post a picture of my revolver my wife stole when chooses to shoot so you might feel better. Fun LITTLE gun.

I'm out right now though. I'm letting my mother in law buy our after church lunch!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
When i first read the thread title, I had a mental picture of a little kid with a cowboy hat riding his Big Wheel shooting his cap gun.
I do have one revolver (no pics, it's locked in my BiL's gun safe). Colt 1917 New Service 45 acp. Haven't fired it in at least 35 years. It was my dad's, one of a few things he left me. Almost afraid to fire it (if I had any ammo for it).

FarmerTan

That's a cool little gun. Double action only? How's the trigger pull?
Yes DA only. Trigger is strange at first. It's basically a cam action: you can pull back slowly and feel it let up a little and just rest it right there for as long as you want. Then a little squeeze and off she goes.

I've got one just like it in .357 that I carry, and the trigger works the same, just a lot easier. I'm nearly certain that Ruger patented the action for those LCR's.

FarmerTan

Oh how cute...a BABY GUN! Is it a boy or a girl? What's its name? How much does it weigh?
Bertha, Baby Bertha! I have forgotten her birth weight, but I know it's stayed pretty constant in the 5th percentile!

Top Bottom