What's new

Any big wheel gun fans?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I miss my Highway Patrolman :mad2: .
Yup. But still find the M19 gets more WalkAbout time.

proxy.php

A couple Colts:
Colt Improved New Service in 45acp:
proxy.php

Colt Army Special and Police Positive:
proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yup. But still find the M19 gets more WalkAbout time.

proxy.php

A couple Colts:
Colt Improved New Service in 45acp:
proxy.php

Colt Army Special and Police Positive:
proxy.php

Beauties all, but digging that .45 most!

Hm, have to check that new gun store I found ...

Top speedloader: I have found that with the wadcutter types of SD ammo (I used Federal 130gr HST upside-down HPs); I have a stumble moment with the speedloaders. So I keep pointer ammo in the loaders, and the HSTs in the chamber. But that's just me. I'm fairly slow with the round-style speedloaders.

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.

Top speedloader: I have found that with the wadcutter types of SD ammo (I used Federal 130gr HST upside-down HPs); I have a stumble moment with the speedloaders. So I keep pointer ammo in the loaders, and the HSTs in the chamber. But that's just me. I'm fairly slow with the round-style speedloaders.

AA
And some S&W brothers by a different mother:

proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

AA
Lol, I'm fairly slow with all the speed loaders!

I haven't had to try my plan out yet, but it mainly consists of asking the bad guys to stay put while I reload!

Kinda like yelling "Time Out!"

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Lol, I'm fairly slow with all the speed loaders!

I haven't had to try my plan out yet, but it mainly consists of asking the bad guys to stay put while I reload!

Kinda like yelling "Time Out!"
The key is to not try to get the cartridges in the cylinders. Instead angle to carrier so at least two cartridges are on the edge of their holes and turn the knob. Gravity then drops them in the right spots. With practice you can get fast and also usually get all five or six rounds loaded BUT remember, the goal is to get some loaded. Even if one or two fall to the ground you are back in operation.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The key is to not try to get the cartridges in the cylinders. Instead angle to carrier so at least two cartridges are on the edge of their holes and turn the knob. Gravity then drops them in the right spots. With practice you can get fast and also usually get all five or six rounds loaded BUT remember, the goal is to get some loaded. Even if one or two fall to the ground you are back in operation.
And practice IS the key.

Even adrenaline junkies like me (and most men, lol) that are used to stressful situations that come out of nowhere (emergency nursing situations) have no idea how much adrenaline rushes into your system in the "fight or flight" situation of a bad guy confrontation.

Performing CPR you don't even get tired. Afterwards you are exhausted. I would imagine that a police officer because of practicing drills would help them not fumble around at reloading any gun that they use, but I'd also assume there are some police people that are better at that sort of thing just by their nature, much like there are some nurses that are better at taking notes on a clipboard than others that just happen to be better at doing CPR until the police arrive.

Lol, nobody wanted me on the clipboard because my ADHD kicked in and I forgot to keep proper notes, forgot to get people's names, etc.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. I'm so used to wheel guns that I have no business trying to learn a semiautomatic gun.

Saw a guy at the range Sunday with a new S&W .500. "Light loads" featured 325 gr. bullet, the heavies were 700 gr.s!! He was massaging his wrist in between shots. He and a buddy were taking turns shooting it. It turned a lot of heads when fired!
Have not yet had the(dis?)pleasure of shooting a S&W .500, but have a few friends with the S&W .460 magnums and they are pretty wild to shoot. Not as bad as I expected though, due to the weight and barrel ports/compensator. Amazing muzzle flash shooting those at night, along with amazing muzzle blast around the clock. Heads start turning on the firing line when one of those gets fired amongst all the 9mm's being shot, that's for sure.

The ability to shoot the .460, .454 Casull, and .45 Colt in it is pretty awesome too. The .45 Colt cartridge in that big beast of a revolver is actually very mild. I've toyed with buying one over the years but haven't gotten around to it yet.....someday perhaps.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Saw a guy at the range Sunday with a new S&W .500. "Light loads" featured 325 gr. bullet, the heavies were 700 gr.s!! He was massaging his wrist in between shots. He and a buddy were taking turns shooting it. It turned a lot of heads when fired!
What shocked me the first time out with my 500 wasn’t the 4-incher’s report, recoil or muzzle flash but rather, the concussion felt when standing behind the shooter!
I wondered why my friend kept backing away with each shot & soon learned why when it came his turn with the 500. The concussion, caused perhaps by the dynamics of shooting indoors, parts around & behind the shooter & then reunites to hammer (😆) who/whatever is behind the one shooting.

Top Bottom