What's new

Any big wheel gun fans?

I didn't like revolver's when I was younger but love them now. I stupidly sold a Ruger Super Blackhawk three screw in fantastic condition a few years ago. Today I found a Freedom Arms 454 premier model with a second cylinder for a good used price. It's described as lnib. I am sending payment Monday lol. Any others out their? Rugers are well loved in my area.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Freedom Arms Premier Model ... made in Wyoming ... that’s about as good as it gets!

Embarrassingly, I’ll admit to owning a S&W 500 (4”) that has a Hillary hole 😩 ... haven’t gotten around to plugging the hole, but that’s going to change in the near future.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I have one or two.

3 screw Blackhawk .41 mag. (.357 frame) with Herrett's Shooting Star grips. A gunsmith took the trigger pull down to 2 pounds. Had it for ages. El Paso Saddlery 1920 crossdraw holster.

1595738336733.png

1894 Colt Model P in .45 Colt. El Paso Saddlery 1880 holster and money belt.

1595738428885.png

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
No one said anything about pretty pictures...

S&W 29-1(1959). Four inch barrel. High polish. Case colored small parts. Cocobolo presentation grips, pinned and recessed. S&W Walnut presentation box. All it is missing is factory engraving.

Unfired.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I’ve been a wheel gun guy from rather early on in my years as a gun owner. I am not a huge fan of the bigger bad gun mentality, and personally an stand 44 mags in a revolver. 41 mag and below I really enjoy. I also like bigger bore guns, I have had a smith 625 in 45acp, and would love to get my hands on a single action army clone in 45Colt.

My favorites are heavy barrel model 10s, model 19s, and 617 from smith and Wesson. I have had a few opportunities to learn to like 32cal Double action revolvers and be pleased to have a few of them.

im a bigger fan of wheel guns than semi auto. I have a good representation of them all, but my preference leans toward the wheel guns. I also really like lever actions, and bolt action rifles.

Colt 357, S&W model 57 .41 magnum and a few more

I love the .41 Mag. Very underloved round. Never owned anything chambered in it, because even 20 years ago, it was an underappreciated round. I had a coworker at the range I worked at who had a Ruger Blackhawk and a Marlin lever action chambered in it, and they were fantastic shooters.

I should look for an older S&W chambered in it.

But I've owned multiple S&W Mod-19s (prefer the -3 and lower because of the recessed cylinder) and have a police trade in S&W .357 in the safe, along with an .38SPL Airweight that lives in the couch pouch.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

S&W 29-1(1959). Four inch barrel. High polish. Case colored small parts. Cocobolo presentation grips, pinned and recessed. S&W Walnut presentation box. All it is missing is factory engraving.

Unfired.

proxy.php

Wow! Bea-U-tiful!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

Unfired.

proxy.php

Wow. Do you have that in a portable safe, that's inside a floor safe, that's inside a bank vault? Unfired also. I'm sure having the docs would be too much to ask...they are probably long gone.

Top Bottom