What's new

Any air purifiers actually work?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

The Rabbit Air purifiers seem to get a decent amount of respect from cigar smokers who own them and have smoking rooms in their house.

Anyone here actually own one?

or any air purifiers that actually work well for getting rid fo cigar smoke and smell from a room?

or is this a pipe dream....

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Rabbits.

But no air cleaner is going to deodorize whats already in the furniture, curtains, rugs and on the walls. For that you will need an ozone treatment. If it gets into your HVAC system, all bets are off.

So if the room already stinks, the Rabbit should keep it from getting worse, but may not eliminate the stink. Because the stink is no longer air-sourced.

They don't make the one I have anymore, but it is similar to this one. This works very well. Mt mother-in-law gave me a mini van that she smoked cigarettes in every day for years. The smell was overwhelming. Turned on the A/C and ran it for an hour. Smell was gone. Amazing.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
They don't make the one I have anymore, but it is similar to this one. This works very well. Mt mother-in-law gave me a mini van that she smoked cigarettes in every day for years. The smell was overwhelming. Turned on the A/C and ran it for an hour. Smell was gone. Amazing.

The ozone generators definitely work. Amazingly so in some instances. The used car lots love em.

But they are not without their own cautions for materials and living things. So I would only use one if needed, as needed, and not as a regular treatment.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I used an Ozone generator when my dog got sprayed by a skunk and it did work well.
I borrowed my friends Rabbit. He is a cigar smoker and had great things to say about it. I used it for the skunk as well, but my wife complained the utility room (where we kept the dog) smelled like cigars after a day of use. But the skunk smell was less noticeable.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
On ozone generators - I use a Villa 3000. Set it for an hour and go for a two hour drive with my wife and dog. We do clean . . . vacuum and carpet clean but even so with animals, cooking, er. . . smoking things build up. (Ozone oxidizes things . . . not good to breath and I would not have my pipe stems right next to the machine either but I don't really know about that)

Air purifiers - I use an Amaircare 3000 . . . one of the things to consider with air filter stuff is the cost of replacing the filters. For me . . . this one is not bad. Side effects include not sneezing so much for my wife and I in "allergy season".

Skunked dog . . . nothing is perfect but Nature's miracle has some deskunking shampoo. They also have a cleaner that really does a good job at eating smelly stuff. When we first moved into the house we own I cleaned the carpets. Goodness, might have been the first time. The moisture set loose horrible horrible smells. Used a pump sprayer with Nature's Miracle and all was good . . . in a few days and after vacuuming.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Oh . . . at least in Canada . . . don't buy this stuff on Amazon. I think here there are folk buying retail in the US importing it . . . marking it up and selling it again. I just checked a few prices and it makes my eyes bleed.

Levoit 300 I have works good. They make blue toxin filter and that is for smoke. I am using the original white general purpose filter and it still works great. $130 so pretty cheap.

Top Bottom