What's new

Any aggresive DE razors with a very slim head profile?

For several years I've had a goatee to avoid having to shave my lip and chin area as I have a very prominent philantrum and cleft chin. It's always a real pain to get those areas with a DE razor.

Recently I've started shaving those areas because goatees are pretty unfashionable anymore.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a more aggressive DE that has a very slim head profile.

I currently use a Muhle R41 with feather blades and while I can get the job done after a lot of time, effort and awkward contortioning of my lip and the razor... I know that a very slim headed razor would help tidy up the area under my nose a lot quicker. I'm not a novice when it comes to using a DE and have been using them for several years (hence using a Muhle R41 with feathers) but I just wish I could get one that has a very slim head profile like that of a cartridge razor.

I'm not into buying antiques unfortunately so I'm wondering if there are any current manufacturers making DE razors with significantly smaller/slimmer head profiles than normal.

In the past I used to use a Japanese style single blade razor for that area but I'm kind of looking for an all in one DE.

Gamechanger 0.84. Not as aggressive as an R41, but just as efficient imo. Very slim head profile. Might be just what you're looking for.

The RazoRock Hawk uses an Artist Club single edge blade. It's wide but quite slim. The slimmest DE I've used is the Game Changer; the Open Comb and Jaws models are the most efficient. I've used the Open Comb and it's an excellent razor. The Blackland Dart looks like it might fit the bill for you. If you like the idea of an Artist Club razor and have some cash the Blackland Vector looks great. It's one I hope to get for myself one day.

Wolfman WR1 is excellent for this, although not aggressive the Timeless Bronze SB was every bit as good for tight areas, maybe try the aggressive Timeless OC Bronze

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
+1 on an injector style razor

This, or as Dan just suggested the WR1 .94 is pretty maneuverable. I have a bunch of Schicks, having used them since the 60's, the WR1 .94, and a cleft chin with what I think is a deep philtrum. The latter is the best DE, the former way easier on the wallet & readily obtainable.

Ime, there’s nothing slimmer and more compact for under the nose than the game changers. Just get the jaws if the safety bar model isn’t aggressive enough.

R

romsitsa

If you look for an efficient razor, get a brass/steel one with teeth. File down the teeth till you reach your preferred spot.

Adam

Top Bottom