What's new

Any aggresive DE razors with a very slim head profile?

The Fatip is aggressive and has a slim head design and is all brass construction so that ticks all the boxes; the Piccolo would be my preference.

Muhle Rocca. Great razor, super efficient, very slim profile. A lot of arrows at this one; to me, a great reasonably priced SS razor that checks the boxes on the qualities you are looking for.

Maybe also GameChanger Jaws. The .84 hour is far from aggressive. The Jaws is not quite as aggressive as it is really both efficient and smooth, again with a slim head profile.

Haven’t tried it but the Blackland Vector SE seems like it would be a good bet for a premium, and available, razor with a super slim head profile.

The Gillette Old type with thin cap is the way to go (as others have posted).
While you did say that you did not want to buy antiques, this is the slimmest and most maneuverable DE out there.

You can always get it replated, there-by ending up with a "new" razor.

There are a large variety of Techs (and clones) available at lower cost that will give a better shave than a more spendy 'new' razor
All Techs.jpg

As others have said already, the RazoRock Game Changer has a pretty thin profile. You might also want to give the RazoRock Eco a try; it’s an SE razor that uses half DE blades.

Technique might help with any DE or SE razor. Watch Geo-Fatboy at Shave Nation's videos. He has a pretty decent clef chin, and makes a tight bull-dog face to pull the skin up and allow a closer shave. I have somewhat recessed sides on the chin, and the 'fold' between the lower lip and chin, and need to do something similar to make that area truly smooth or BBS.

I'll echo the other suggestion of an Injector, the heads are tiny compared to a DE, with a somewhat different profile as well, which makes it ideal for small tight or difficult to get areas.

My charcoal goods razor has a pretty slim head. I have a level 3 base plate. No problems at all maneuvering it around tight spots. Tried going back to my R41 (2013) yesterday and it’s just so much more “tuggy” than the CG.

Gamechanger 0.84. Not as aggressive as an R41, but just as efficient imo. Very slim head profile. Might be just what you're looking for.

Not sure what your budget is, but I will just point out that the Game Changer is less expensive than the Wolfman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom