What's new

Any add Argan Oil to shave soap?

Hi All,

I saw argan oil in Trader Joe and recall it being an ingredient in RazoRock Moroccan Secret which was a soap I loved.

So I bought it and added a few drops while loading Arco onto my brush. I think it actually helped with the post shave feel, leaving my face a little softer than usual. I wonder if that’s just my imagination though. I don’t use arko every day.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's a good idea, I think. Perhaps a soap-maker can chime in.

I've used castor oil and of course glycerin as boosters.

Tinkering is half the fun around here! :a14:

AA

Wow, you learn something new on Badger & Blade every day.

I’ve never heard of argan oil, but I do use glycerin daily with The Fat. Might try the argan oil once I’m out of glycerin in say about ten years.

RazoRock uses argan oil in its super bases and used to have an argan oil based line that I really liked: King of the Hill IIRC. I haven't actually seen it in any other soaps but there might be a few out there that use it.

I use Argan oil in my hair, I don't believe people use it as a skin moisturiser though. I tried using olive oil once as preshave oil compared to the substantially more expensive preshave oil I had bought and it just left my skin feeling oily and greasy and didn't really help with the shave. I found Arko to just generally worsen the health of my skin, perhaps the skin food properties of Argan oil provide that little bit extra to make it a nourishing soap

I use two to three drops of argan oil to boost the performance of some soaps. I have also used hyaluronic acid in my lather with good results.
Soaps that foam up to much i find benefit from argan oil. I do not like to use it as a pre-shave.
Looking at the ingredient list of some of the top performing soaps like A & E, they all have allot of different oils in them, so why not add it to increase the performance if needed?
Both hyaluronic acid and argan oil helps to heal the skin. So there is that to.

I use argon oil in my hair. I’ve only ever seen it used as a hair treatment. Ask any woman. It’s also referred to as Moroccan Oil. I’ve never heard of its application as a skin treatment.

I use two to three drops of argan oil to boost the performance of some soaps. I have also used hyaluronic acid in my lather with good results.
Soaps that foam up to much i find benefit from argan oil. I do not like to use it as a pre-shave.
Looking at the ingredient list of some of the top performing soaps like A & E, they all have allot of different oils in them, so why not add it to increase the performance if needed?
Both hyaluronic acid and argan oil helps to heal the skin. So there is that to.
Depending on the soap and how much sulerfatting the soaper is doing, a fair bit to perhaps most or even all of those oils have actually been saponified in the soap formulation. It might not be the same to just add some oil in during lathering.
Although it is a fair bet that at least some of the oils and butters in artisan soaps that are reaching for awesome post-shave feel may be added and stirred in after most of the hot process is completed.

I use argon oil in my hair. I’ve only ever seen it used as a hair treatment. Ask any woman. It’s also referred to as Moroccan Oil. I’ve never heard of its application as a skin treatment.
I wonder of that’s why RR calls that particular soap, Moroccan Secret

Top Bottom