What's new

Antque Shop Find!!

I picked these up fo r$10.00 today. I'll post more pics after they ar cleaned up. Right now that Black Handle FT is just plain NASTY!!!:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Wow! So you got the whole setup for ten bucks. Let us know how the tooth brush works for you. :lol:

Nice score, let us know how that razor cleans up :biggrin:

Now that I've started looking for razors at antique stores, every time I say the words "I love antiquing" out loud, I immediately feel the need to go out and strangle a grizzly bear with my bare hands just to regain a little manliness :redface:

Instead of Antique Stores, I'd like to find a "junk shop." That's a manly place to buy a razor... The antique stores around here have doily topped tables and teacups and definitely no razors.

Instead of Antique Stores, I'd like to find a "junk shop." That's a manly place to buy a razor... The antique stores around here have doily topped tables and teacups and definitely no razors.

I guess I need to amend my earlier statement: I very rarely ever find anything at antique "stores". I always find something at the antique "malls" (the places that have tons of glass cases, and many many vendors).

If the brush is in the same shape as the razor, I'm guessing the first time it goes in the water, you'll want to put a strainer in the drain.

"Honey...what happened to my brush? I can only find the handle. What are all these blonde hairs floating in the sink?"

Did you offer something less than $10.00? :001_rolle

Actually the brush is in decent codition! Well, sorta.

I will be using the toot brush for cleaning razors only!

Started cleaning the FT and 90% of it came clean. There is a lil pitting/rust, but I have that covered.

I find most of mine in the antque "malls" You would be surprised how many show up when you ask about them. Most just dont have a spot to put them.

Well, the FT and the shaving brush are mainly clean. The FT still has a few stubborn spots on it.

The cleaning method I used took off the gold/brass finish on the shaving brush. Its now a nice brushed silver.

I'll post pics on Sunday after church.

I have an antique mall that is reasonably close, and have made some good finds there. I found a first year Superspeed that was in really good condition, with the original box. I also found an old type with case. I bought a couple of single-edge razors (an Ever-ready and a GEM) in pristine condition for $9 a piece. There is a very nice looking pocket edition that I have had my eye on for a while, but the seller is asking $90, and there is plate loss, as well as brassing inside - I've told the people that I would offer the guy $20 for it, but they said that probably wouldn't fly. Oh well, I'll just look at it everytime I go there.

Actually the brush is in decent codition! Well, sorta.

I will be using the toot brush for cleaning razors only!

Started cleaning the FT and 90% of it came clean. There is a lil pitting/rust, but I have that covered.

I find most of mine in the antque "malls" You would be surprised how many show up when you ask about them. Most just dont have a spot to put them.

I love those malls...especially away from the big cities. Last Spring I found a couple Fat Boys and 6 slims for $2.00 apiece. "Got any more anywhere?" I asked, "I have a friend who might like to have one of these." This old woman trotted out a few more. God love her!!!!

My fave mall was a small place nearby, where two very nice 1940's gold Aristocrats were in a case at 10.00 each. I tried to breathe nice and easy, and asked if I could take a look at them. SWMBO did her usual "Oh...WHO would want one of those old things...c'mon let's go..." routine, and the shopkeeper reminded me that everything in that booth was 50% off.

Sigh...what was I to do? Okay....I guess...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice score, let us know how that razor cleans up :biggrin:

Now that I've started looking for razors at antique stores, every time I say the words "I love antiquing" out loud, I immediately feel the need to go out and strangle a grizzly bear with my bare hands just to regain a little manliness :redface:

I enjoy antiquing with my wife... ... ... and my willingness to go ensures I get to regain my manliness afterwards ... ... ... sometimes playing the game is worth it... like last time I got some really cool old shaving brushes as a bonus :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I guess I need to amend my earlier statement: I very rarely ever find anything at antique "stores". I always find something at the antique "malls" (the places that have tons of glass cases, and many many vendors).

just out of curiosity, is there anyone from the greater lincoln/omaha, NE area that knows of good antique malls where this stuff can be acquired? Aardvark in lincoln is pretty good but there's too many hat pins in the glass cases and not enough dangerous metal implements....:bored:

just out of curiosity, is there anyone from the greater lincoln/omaha, NE area that knows of good antique malls where this stuff can be acquired? Aardvark in lincoln is pretty good but there's too many hat pins in the glass cases and not enough dangerous metal implements....:bored:

And you don't consider hatpins dangerous metal implements???!!!!:w00t:

"Antique" Flea markets in rural communities are also a tremendous source of things like vintage razors. I found (among other things) a '59 Fatboy in the original case, with the original blade pack, all in unused condition for $1 !!

Well, they are all cleaned up excetp for the SSFT. I got to get some more polish first. I will post pice Sunday evening after church. The compleate set is now a nice silver/brushed silver color.

The Razor that is with it is a Trac 2 model, so I need more blades. The toothbrush cleaned up nicely as well.Looks like brand new!!

The SSFT will get final polishing tomorrow after work.

Top Bottom