What's new

Antique Store Find

Hi, folks. It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted anything here on B&B. I’ve settled into a very good spot with my shaving gear and methods and have really been focusing on major life events.

I haven’t bought new gear for years, just software mostly. But a few weeks ago, the wife and I were at a favorite antique mall. I see razors and brush handles in the wild all the time but my ADs have been conquered. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this, however. I knew everyone here would appreciate it, so I had to share.

proxy.php

Now I am faced with three options.
1. Use it as-is
2. Re-knot it
Or 3. Sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The knot looks useable to me. Congratulations on the find!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The knot looks unused and in great condition.
I say clean it up and used it. If after using it and you don't like it, then sell or trade it.

Nice score, the knot looks unused!
Whatever you decided to do with it, I would at least take it for a spin or two first.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Nice score! Looks like it is in great condition. I would use it. Maybe get after it with some sandpaper and polish as well.

Guess I'm in the minority, I'd love to have it and I would re-knot it. Have a synthetic so probably put a nice badger in it.
IMG_20180728_162810737_LL.jpg

Thanks for all the response, gents. Looks like I’ll be breaking out the Flitz and Dawn to give this one a go. I’ve always wanted one of these, so it’s gonna stay in the cave. Not a bad score for $14

And Dave from KY, your brush looks OUTSTANDING!

Thanks again, guys.

Thanks for all the response, gents. Looks like I’ll be breaking out the Flitz and Dawn to give this one a go. I’ve always wanted one of these, so it’s gonna stay in the cave. Not a bad score for $14

And Dave from KY, your brush looks OUTSTANDING!

Thanks again, guys.

THIEF, how do you sleep at night! Congrats :001_smile

Last edited:
THIEF, how do you sleep at night! Congrats :001_smile

Like a baby, Dave. Haha! I couldn’t believe it either. I actually put it in a cigar box while we were roaming this giant place. I was paranoid some other enthusiast would spot it.

Top Bottom