What's new

Anticipation

Days I work I'll always need to shave. I used to skip non work days (Saturday and Sunday) because shaving was a chore. Now I like to shave daily. I wanted to mix things up for myself.

I'm Really looking forward to tomorrow morning's shave. My family finds that to be so weird, but I'm glad you guys here understand :)

Days I work I'll always need to shave. I used to skip non work days (Saturday and Sunday) because shaving was a chore. Now I like to shave daily. I wanted to mix things up for myself.

I'm Really looking forward to tomorrow morning's shave. My family finds that to be so weird, but I'm glad you guys here understand :)
Is there something special you'll be using for the shave or are you just really enjoying the anticipation?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I decided to skip my shave today, for two reasons. First, my shave with the Dart yesterday was very efficient, and the existing stubble actually doesn't look too terrible. Second, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning's shave.

Anyone else skip one or more days because the next shave is so satisfying?

I skip shaves all the time! Here are my top 5 reasons for skipping shaving.

(1) I'm too tired, therefor I am lazy, will skip it today
(2) I am waiting on a new razor to show up in the mail, I really want to use the new razor instead
(3) I am waiting on new software to show up in the mail, can't wait to test out that new soap
(4) I trashed my face with the previous razor, letting my face heal is my only defense
(5) I simply do not have the time to shave, due to my poor planning today

I skip every other day and rarely shave if I'm on holidays, weekends, home sick or on holidays.

As for anticipation. I look forward to spinning a new LP, eating a good meal planned for the next day...not shaving.

I've done the every day thing, 365 shaves and it's not for me.

Up until recently I would skip several days and then really enjoy a slant bar shave to mow it all down. However, I recently took a new job in the company I work for and even though I work from home I need to be clean shaven every day. Reason being that my new boss:

1. Books impromptu meetings all the time

2. Strongly prefers that all participants be on camera

3. Is a perfectionist

Sheesh, might as well just go into the office.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I look forward to shaving every day, 7 days a week and truly enjoy this morning ritual. It’s actually bizarre, because I wore a beard for decades and loathed shaving. I keep waiting for the bubble to burst, but my enthusiasm keeps growing it seems, honing, strop making, razor repair. Fun!

I decided to skip my shave today, for two reasons. First, my shave with the Dart yesterday was very efficient, and the existing stubble actually doesn't look too terrible. Second, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning's shave.

100% I do this often, I’m actually more of a night shaver so I’m looking forward to mine in the next hour. I especially wait to shave when I do a 3 pass shave to get BBS for a special occasion and my skin needs a break afterward. It’s so satisfying to laser through a couple days growth. I find my lather ends up better with thicker stubble. All subjective though.

NOPE :) look forward to it and even though I am working toward single gear and just my fav of favs I enjoy the routine of it

used to be a hardcore espresso nerd like commercial machine in home but quit espresso so maybe this also fills that fun to have a obsession hobby morning routine thing ? shrink in the house to diagnose this :)

Postscript: The payoff was worth it. I took my time with a nice shave this morning with the stainless steel R41. This morning's Sunday shave was among the highest quality of shaves I've ever had: No nicks, weepers, or irritation.

Top Bottom