What's new

Antica Barbieria Colla Soap

Background and Intro:

Dear Avid soap fans! Welcome to my review of the Antica Barbieria Colla (ABC) soap called: Saponetta Da Barba All'Olio Di Mandorala.

I ordered the soap online from the ABC store. The packaged was shipped via DHL to my location in London the next day, delivery took two days and came with online tracking.

I then imported the soap along with various other exotic soap into South Africa, where we do not have any shaving soaps or creams. So this review will be from my point of view, where I have a lot of top notch soaps which I import for personal use and yes, the inport cost via courier to South Africa is very high, so I need to make each shipment worthy!

The review:

The soap is neatly wrapped, old style! When you first look at the soap it appears that it came of from someones very old cabinet, nothing modern about the packaging. You can see that this soap has been arround for many years, whith the same style today.

When you first lift the soap up in your hands, it feels extremely light compared to the size of the soap! Soaps like MWF, Geo F Trumper all feel realsiticly heavy for its size. Where as the ABC soap feels like lifting toilette paper for the first time, thinking its going to be heavy for its size.

After unwrapping the soap, it looks very similar to Camembert cheese from the outside! I cant describe it better than this.

I took my super badger brush which was busy soaking, dried it out and started to build some lather on the soap, which took very quick to be absorbed by the brush. Then moved onto my lather bowl!

The soap exploded with thick lather, with texture like full fat yogurt! If I could I would eat this stuff! Its so thick and has a lot of texture to it!

It provided an ultra smooth shave with my merkur 34g and it left a lot of slickness behind after the first pass! Someone could have shaved me in my sleep without me wakening up!

I cant wait to shave again with it tomorrow. This is the best soap that I have tried!

Btw, I got a free aftershave sample with the soap. This is also the best aftershave I have tried and will be placing my order for the 100ml bottle today!

There products appear to be superb!

If they weren't so costly I'd use Antica Barbieria Colla products all the time. Funny how that works, cost and quality. Just as Razorock does a nearly perfect knock-off of Santa Maria Novella soap, they once had a very good reproduction of Antica Barbieria Colla soap/cream. But no longer. The Bompieri family who own ABC had a "quiet word" with our Canadian friends and the line was quickly and quietly discontinued.

Top Bottom