What's new

Anthony Sun Care Kit

I was just wondering what criteria everyone uses as far as chosing face protection in the summer. By criteria, I mean what do you tend to use as a daily moisturiser with sunscreen if anything for that matter? What brands do you like to use? Why do you chose them as your go to brand? Do you choose them based solely from cost perspective? Or simply cause it just gets the job done?

With summer almost here, and that sun getting hotter I have been looking to buy some quality face protection from the sun.
So this weekend I wondered into Momentum Grooming here in Vancouver ( I absolutley love the smell of this store when I walk in - Bam!). Here I found an excellent deal on some sun care products. I ended up purchasing Anthony's Sun care Kit. It is an excellent deal cause the price point is phenomenal considering if I was to pay for each item in the kit individually I would end up paying $85.00 + tax. Instead, in this kit which contains everything you need to protect your face from the sun, only retails for $38.50. :thumbup1:

IMO, I find it really hard to find good quality sun care products. They usually leave my skin either shiny & feeling all greasy or both.

With Anthony's I love the light citrus smell of the Anthony's Oil-Free facial lotion. That light citrus smell just signals summer to me.
Also, Its nice cause I cant smell the SPF in the lotion when I am wearing it. As a bonus, my face is not all shiny either after applying it. The product is not greasy & dries down very nicely on my skin.

The After Sun Soothing cream is the same way.
I picked this stuff at Nordstroms In Phoenix last summer.
It is just that ... very soothing and refreshing especially after you experience a nasty sun burn. Also, it moisturises very effectively after a day in the sun.

If your looking for a good sun care products, I just wanted to put this kit on your radar screens cause I think its an excellent deal on some very effective Sun Care products which is so important now a days I find.

I am finding, especially at 41 years of age, I think more about protecting my skin more now more than when I was younger thats for sure.

If anyone is interested here is what the Anthony's Sun Care Kit includes:

A complete sun kit that includes Sun Spray SPF15 (85 g/ 3 oz), Sun Stick (16.8g/ .6 oz), Oil Free Facial Lotion SPF15 (70 g/ 2.5 oz) and two BONUS After Sun Soothing Cream samples.

:thumbup:

http://www.momentumgrooming.com/qs/product/58/4793/176424/0/0

Last edited:
+1 on the sun spray. while everyone else smells like laquer, i smell of an orange grove. it works damn well too. can't argue with that.

if youre going to be outside for a while, a sunscreen isnt going to do you any favors. rather, you need a sunBLOCK, a lotion with physical UV reflectors like Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide. sunscreens only work by filtering certain uv-a and uv-b rays, depending on which compounds they contain. to get the benefit of sunscreens like anthony's , you need to apply it 30 minutes prior to sun exposure, and every 2 hours to make sure it continues working. It may be fine for a few hours worth of driving, walking around, etc., but definitely not for a day at the beach.

if you are going to buy a sunscreen to use as a moisturizer, make sure it has enough uv-a and uv-b protection. otherwise you need to apply sunblock (preferably) over your moisturizer and thats obviously overbearing in the summer months, so find a sunblock with moisturizing capabilities. menscience makes a TiO2 sunblock that does a good job at moisturizing the face as well as protecting it.

this link has good information about sunblocks/screens and the ingredients in them that block corresponding rays. if you have to buy a sunscreen, make sure it contains uv-a and uv-b blockers.

UCSF sunblock guide

Last edited:
Top Bottom