What's new

Anthony Logistics All-Purpose Moisturizer

I Have been using this stuff morning and evening for about a week now. On the one hand, it is a very quickly-absorbed product, which I like a lot. However, it is filled with a bunch of products that bother my skin - citrus extracts, sugarcane, maple syrup, liquorice, .... Stuff burns my face, especially after a shave. The smell kind of reminds me of medicinal banannas. Very odd indeed. Given all this, and the fact that it costs $25 for 2.5oz, I can only give this product a thumbs-down.

Scotto said:
I Have been using this stuff morning and evening for about a week now. On the one hand, it is a very quickly-absorbed product, which I like a lot. However, it is filled with a bunch of products that bother my skin - citrus extracts, sugarcane, maple syrup, liquorice, .... Stuff burns my face, especially after a shave. The smell kind of reminds me of medicinal banannas. Very odd indeed. Given all this, and the fact that it costs $25 for 2.5oz, I can only give this product a thumbs-down.

From what I understand, this product is supposed to better suited as a night time moisturizer. It has natural AHAs (all your citrus/sugar references), which exfoliate. Absolutely not a good choice for right after a shave, but definitely not bad as a natural moisturizer/exfoliator. If you're looking for a post A/S moisturizer, Baxter Oil Free is great, and I hear nothing but good things about MenScience and Sharp's Oil free moisturizers as well. These all absorb well and are not exfoliators.

Sounds like a new kind of laxative! or a 60's rock group or was that 70's? The Medicinal Bananas...

Ron,

Actually, the 80's. Banarama was an all girl group, and The Medicinal Bananas were their male counterparts...

Randy

atnight said:
From what I understand, this product is supposed to better suited as a night time moisturizer. It has natural AHAs (all your citrus/sugar references), which exfoliate. Absolutely not a good choice for right after a shave, but definitely not bad as a natural moisturizer/exfoliator. If you're looking for a post A/S moisturizer, Baxter Oil Free is great, and I hear nothing but good things about MenScience and Sharp's Oil free moisturizers as well. These all absorb well and are not exfoliators.

I used it at night also and disliked it. As for MenScience see my equally thrilling review. Nasty little bugger, ain't I? :a1: :devil:

Scotto-
Your review wasn't even close to nasty! Why give a product a thumbs up if you feel you're knowledgeable enough to say otherwise? Just thought I'd mention that AHA's and post-shave moisturizer are not a great combo re: the Anthony. As for MenScience, I've heard similar things about a lingering smell, but want to say I've also heard they've reformulated it. I'm using the Baxter Night Cream for evening and it's not blowing me away, yet isn't problematic. YMMV. What I have concluded is as a nighttime moisturizer it has helped my shave prep for the next day as I wasn't using one prior.

Top Bottom