What's new

Another what should I buy thread

I'm in the 2015 Shave Purchase Sabbatical and was kicking around some of the other areas of the forum and came upon the Nib. My handwriting (as well as printing) is pretty atrocious and after seeing some of the beautiful writing of the members here I decided to transfer my ADs into the pen realm and attempt to upgrade my writing. Accordingly I visited the Goulet Pen Co and have a Lamy Safari and Platinum Preppy on the way, with converters for each.

I recently won a generous PIF from Chadao in the Order of the Fat for a gift cert to West Coast Shaving. Since I'm in the sabbatical and even gift cert shave purchases are verboten I'm looking in the pen section. Now considering I have a Preppy on the way, is the Plaisir a significant enough of a difference to spend the cert on? I don't mind throwing in some of my own money if one of the other pens would be a better buy.

Or should I go with the B&B ink? The 5 O'Clock shadow looks good as well as the Private Reserve Ebony Blue. Or am I better off going back to Goulet and acquiring ink there, and if so what is a good beginner ink (if there is such thing)?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Or should I go with the B&B ink? The 5 O'Clock shadow looks good ...

I'd grab some of this (and another ink or two.)

The Plaisir and Preppy are basically the same nib/feed, just with a different pen body ... see if you like the Preppy, and if so upgrade to the Plaisir if you want.

Top Bottom