What's new

Another vintage italian soap

One more item from my collection: a nice italian shaving soap stick, similar to vintage Palmolive, but with a more aromatic and cooling scent. It claims to be a "Clorophyll" soap. This was an excellent soap and I used it almost exclusively for years. It dates to the mid/late 1960s.
It was called "Fresco Schiuma" or "Cool Lather". I miss it! (the one in the picture is the only one I kept after it was discontinued)

proxy.php

TraderJoe said:
:a14: Wow, you've got quite a vintage collection there
Actually, it is a very small collection of stuff I used to use. It's unusual stuff for the US, since I bought it before moving to America.

tryphon said:
One more item from my collection: a nice italian shaving soap stick, similar to vintage Palmolive, but with a more aromatic and cooling scent. It claims to be a "Clorophyll" soap.

tryphon, is the badger brush in the background made by Kingsley? It looks exactly like the first brush I bought which was Kingsley, same shape and everything. If it is, how do you like it?
I thought it was pretty good, even though, nobody on this forum ever mentioned Kingsley brushes or products.

finegelernt said:
tryphon, is the badger brush in the background made by Kingsley? It looks exactly like the first brush I bought which was Kingsley, same shape and everything. If it is, how do you like it?
I thought it was pretty good, even though, nobody on this forum ever mentioned Kingsley brushes or products.
I bought it from Taylor's (it may be made by Kingsley): it is the cheaper model and I find it too "thin". I have another from Taylor's that is slightly thicker and much better.

baconeater said:
Which razor is that?
A FatBoy. I just switched from this FatBoy to a SlimBoy and I like it much better. I feel that it handles better, it has better balance.

Great pic. I love the detail. It's so sharp. I feel like I could reach into my screen and grab your razor.

Top Bottom