What's new

Another Timeless question

Polished or Matte? I cannot decide. Anyone who has the matte, do you wish you had opted for the polished? Unfortunately pictures and videos online are not clear enough. I know someone will state to get both, but that isn't going to happen.

My build so far: Scalloped cap & Base Plate, .68 Gap, 100mm Barber Pole Handle (still considering the 85mm knurled handle). I guess I just missed out on the free towel, took too long to decide already.

I'm coming from my first safety razors which were an Edwin Jagger DE89 and an old Gillette Super Speed. I thought the Edwin Jagger was a decent razor until I bumped it off the sink onto the floor. It's time for a quality razor that won't break apart.

I got the .68 gap. open comb, with scalloped cap. 85mm, dimpled handle, and sometimes I wish it was 90mm; this razor seems a little more massive and heavy than others. Mine is a polished version with a matching stand. IMO, it's a beautiful and truly quality rig. To me the .68 feels at least as aggressive as a 34C, it's very smooth.

Ron

I like shiny new razors; that's why three of my four razors (all vintage Gillettes) have been replated. Eventually, the fourth will be, too.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I like shiny things, so I say polished.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, just can't decide. Shiny stainless is pretty awesome. Matte can be cool depending upon how it's done. I think I'll go polished.

I think you cannot go wrong either way. I have an OC, and an SB, and I went polished. A brushed finish, such as on an ATT, is very nice too.

I got the .68 gap. open comb, with scalloped cap. 85mm, dimpled handle, and sometimes I wish it was 90mm; this razor seems a little more massive and heavy than others. Mine is a polished version with a matching stand. IMO, it's a beautiful and truly quality rig. To me the .68 feels at least as aggressive as a 34C, it's very smooth.

Ron

Just ordered the same handle. 85mm will be in between my slim and Wolfman handle lengths. I thought 100mm might be too long. I'll need to check it out when it arrives.

I ordered a polished scalloped head with solid bar this morning. It left the Cleveland sorting facility 30 minutes ago.

I ordered polished when I bought mine. It's a preference thing though so you should get whatever appeals to you.

Top Bottom