What's new

Another Thater?

H have a Thater 26 mm 2 band brush with a bulb knot. This brush is everything I want in a brush, except now I want another one to go along with it. I guess it's a case of just wanting more of a good thing. I'm concerned that a 3 band silvertip, even in a bulb knot may not have the backbone I'm looking for. I'm considering the same brush in a 24 mm size. what do you guys suggest? I want something special to rotate with the 4125/2. thanks

Fan? I've got a 24 bulb and while it has good backbone it has scritch while swirling. I've got 4 Elite Razor Manchurian knots with softer tips, zero scritch and comparable backbone. Perfect for face lathering.

How would the 26 mm Thater 3 band bulb compare with the 26 mm 2 band? Would it still have backbone? I’ve read some reports that there isn’t much difference?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Thater 2 and 3 band knots are quite similar performers. The difference is small but 3 band will have a bit more flexible hair and feel a bit more luxurious on the skin, almost cloud like softness. The 2 Band hair is a little more stiff but still soft.

H have a Thater 26 mm 2 band brush with a bulb knot. This brush is everything I want in a brush, except now I want another one to go along with it. I guess it's a case of just wanting more of a good thing. I'm concerned that a 3 band silvertip, even in a bulb knot may not have the backbone I'm looking for. I'm considering the same brush in a 24 mm size. what do you guys suggest? I want something special to rotate with the 4125/2. thanks

I have a 3 Thaters: a 49125/0 (22mm-Plexi) in 3 band, a 4125/1 (24mm-Ivory) in 2 band and a 4125/2 (26mm-Ebony) in 2 band. If you're face lathering soaps, go with a 24, or preferably 26mm 3 band. My 22mm 3 band does not hold enough hard soap lather with my well water and is not used as much. As far as the 24 vs 26mm 2 band, I would be happy with either brush. Not enough difference to justify the cost of having both sizes in 2 band.

Top Bottom