What's new

Another Tech dating

Last weekend I found a ball end Tech in gold that was in excellent condition, the gold plate intact. I thought that was pretty cool, when on Monday I get a package from my brother with, yes, another excellent gold Tech just like it. Which is nice. First, the gold is in better shape than the photo shows. But there is a difference between the gold ones and my old nlckel ball end. On the gold is etched 'Gillette'. These are in such good shape I think they are newer than my nickel one. Did I miss something? Are these from the Tech date of 40's or are they some of the newer ones? The wiki is not clear on this. Is the nickel one older than the gold ones?

Last weekend I found a ball end Tech in gold that was in excellent condition, the gold plate intact. I thought that was pretty cool, when on Monday I get a package from my brother with, yes, another excellent gold Tech just like it. Which is nice. First, the gold is in better shape than the photo shows. But there is a difference between the gold ones and my old nlckel ball end. On the gold is etched 'Gillette'. These are in such good shape I think they are newer than my nickel one. Did I miss something? Are these from the Tech date of 40's or are they some of the newer ones? The wiki is not clear on this. Is the nickel one older than the gold ones?

Is there a date code on it?

And I think it helped me. It must be a '40's Gold Tech. Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom