What's new

Another Tabac convert

Of course I just ordered it off Amazon and the cheapest seller was selling from the UK and it already shipped. Soooo I get to wait until mid March to get it. Oh well. At least that means I might finish one of my other soaps by then.

Of course I just ordered it off Amazon and the cheapest seller was selling from the UK and it already shipped. Soooo I get to wait until mid March to get it. Oh well. At least that means I might finish one of my other soaps by then.

Why did you order it off of Amazon if Perfumania is selling it for $8.50 with free shipping? The EXTRA15 code is working again. It takes 15% off of the clearance items. The 300 ml cologne is $10.63 after the discount.

Why did you order it off of Amazon if Perfumania is selling it for $8.50 with free shipping? The EXTRA15 code is working again. It takes 15% off of the clearance items. The 300 ml cologne is $10.63 after the discount.

Unfortunately I made the purchase 3 days ago before I knew of the sale on perfumania.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You should check the Shopping and Deals forum regularly!

Did you use the EXTRA15 code?

Code didn't work just now ... but at two bowls of Tabac, and a bottle of EdC at at grand $34, shipped free, I said heck yeah.

One's already a gift for someone, and I never did have the Tabac bowl, just the puck ... and the EdC becomes an aftershave by mixing some with witch hazel.

AA

code isn't working anymore

Code didn't work just now ... but at two bowls of Tabac, and a bottle of EdC at at grand $34, shipped free, I said heck yeah. AA

I had a few extra items in my cart last night and should have put the order in with the 15% code discounted. Today, I opened my browser, signed in and when I clicked checkout, they pulled the discount off! I could have had the Cuba Gold gift set for $10.50 along with another Tabac cologne for about the same price. Once I saw the discount was gone, I just enough Tabac from their previous sales the last few weeks, so I can wait for another code.

I had a few extra items in my cart last night and should have put the order in with the 15% code discounted. Today, I opened my browser, signed in and when I clicked checkout, they pulled the discount off! I could have had the Cuba Gold gift set for $10.50 along with another Tabac cologne for about the same price. Once I saw the discount was gone, I just enough Tabac from their previous sales the last few weeks, so I can wait for another code.
I didnt use the discount code, but joined the loyalty program and got $12 in rewards points. :001_smile

With all the press this has been getting here, I couldn't resist. I think it was in a recent "cheap soap" thread where I saw someone mention the loyalty program + the clearance price equation equaling essentially a $0.01 price tag. I just did it and it worked!

Loyalty program sign-up = $12.00 credit. Apply $9.98 of that to your order of $9.99 (clearance price) and now you've got something to charge to your card...a whole penny.

Brilliant. Whether or not I can palate the scent...I don't care. :laugh:

Brilliant. Whether or not I can palate the scent...I don't care. :laugh:

Once you paint on that luxurious, creamy soap, the smell (which isn't bad at all) will be secondary. I think those that don't like the smell are males that came of shaving age in the last two decades, when the fragrance houses really started catering to men with a multitude of new releases every year. Those of us who are a little older and remember English Leather, Brut, then Aramis, Polo and Drakkar Noir (and of course Old Spice) probably appreciate the scent of Tabac more.

Now I know why everything but the soap bowls were sold out at perfumania... It's been hoarded by you fine folk. I did order a puck and I'm looking forward to trying Tabac and perhaps I will be the next "convert."

Once you paint on that luxurious, creamy soap, the smell (which isn't bad at all) will be secondary. I think those that don't like the smell are males that came of shaving age in the last two decades, when the fragrance houses really started catering to men with a multitude of new releases every year. Those of us who are a little older and remember English Leather, Brut, then Aramis, Polo and Drakkar Noir (and of course Old Spice) probably appreciate the scent of Tabac more.

You're describing me, lol! I'm 34.

I did have the cream in a tube about 10 years ago when I first discovered B&B and the scent was definitely reminiscent of a mature, German man... The performance was mediocre and I sold it off.

For a penny and performance on par with Sir Irisch Moos? I'll learn to love it. :wink:

Tabac is one of my favorites. It lathered like a champ for me, and I (despite being in my 30s) actually like the scent.

Once I got a water softener I felt like the lather was exploding right off the puck. MWF lathered just a touch better for me pre water softener, but after having my water softened they appear equal (perhaps an edge to the Tabac) and I prefer the scent. The Tabac AS pairs well with it too (unsurprisingly).

You're describing me, lol! I'm 34.

In comparison to today, with dozens of new men's fragrances every year and loads of guys and gals on Youtube reviewing them in thousands of videos and the bunch of sites that decant samples along with Basenotes and Fragrantica which discuss them at length, back in the seventies, during my college days, it seemed like the dark ages of men's cologne. Aramis was a revelation when placed against the few other colognes I owned at the time. Aramis was first introduced in 1964, but really didn't gain popularity until the baby boomers started achieving earning power in the mid to late 1970's.

Tabac Cologne definitely takes one back in time but it's such a good, clean, scent and if feels just right for work, formal get togethers, or casual times. Is it Gaultier's Le Male which announces your arrival five feet before you get there, and shouts, "Here I am, baby!"? No, definitely not, but the scent probably will get compliments from the ladies here and there.

Top Bottom