What's new

Another Spaniard in the club....

Hi Gentlemen

I have been "forced":biggrin: to join this last paradise for us, "old school gentlemen" :biggrin:

Actualy, it was a fellow Spaniard, a member of this forum and also of a Spanish Forum dedicated to watches, who opened my eyes, and also a few more, to this...how can I put it...way of living?

And it hitted me so hard that I do not have a beard anymore, just for the pleasure os shaving every morning.:001_rolle

So here I am, I have read already a lot and will contribute very lttle, but just wanted to say hi from Spain (Canary Island, to be more precise, a dn I know I am not the only one:whistling:)

Cheers
Carlos

Welcome!

I have had the opportunity to visit Spain twice and absolutely loved it. We stayed in Madrid and visited the famous church carved out of the mountain, El Escorial, and Toledo. While we were there, we had many wonderful meals and my favorite was the lechon at El Sobrino de Botin.

Also got to take a business trip to the area around Asturias and got to sample the percebes.

Welcome to the group. Glad to count you as one of us. Visit often and stay late. Lot of great advice and fellowship to be had here.

Welcome Carlos,

i have many happy memories of holidays in GC, best New Year ever!

you should be able to get La Toja soap in local shops, best soap stick made

enjoy

Bienvenido! Your english is excellent. I wish I wrote spanish as well as you write english.

I wonder if there are any spanish equivalent sites like ours. I found a french one last night. It's pretty cool. I was amazed how much it seemed like ours!

Thanks all for the very warm welcome.

Hando: Glad to see you have been around and enjoyed your stay. And yes, I seem to be very lucky to have access to the la Toja sticks, I have noticed they are very sought after "out there", may be it would be a good idea for different members from different parts of the world to exchange the local stuff that is difficult or impossible to get for other members, here Floid AS and la Toja are very common and quite affordable, but do not have any Thayers, Pinaud or Floris, just to name a few....

Criticalmass: So far I have not found anyting like this in Spanish, I wish, although I do feel comfortavle in English too (I lived in London for 3 years, I remember going to Taylors and the like...just to get brushes for my father in law, as I was not interested in wet shaving back then!!)

Thanks again and regards

Thanks all for the very warm welcome.

Hando: Glad to see you have been around and enjoyed your stay. And yes, I seem to be very lucky to have access to the la Toja sticks, I have noticed they are very sought after "out there", may be it would be a good idea for different members from different parts of the world to exchange the local stuff that is difficult or impossible to get for other members, here Floid AS and la Toja are very common and quite affordable, but do not have any Thayers, Pinaud or Floris, just to name a few....

i started with soap sticks and La Toja is the best i've tried yet, better than Palmolive, Wilkinson Sword and dare i say Speick.

i'd like to try the cream and the aftershave next, how do you rate LEA and Gal for men?

i started with soap sticks and La Toja is the best i've tried yet, better than Palmolive, Wilkinson Sword and dare i say Speick.

i'd like to try the cream and the aftershave next, how do you rate LEA and Gal for men?

Gal for men is tallow based but not as good as La Toja.Lea shaving stick is really good,a nose behind La Toja but the scent is not as good.Theyre quiet cheap here so it doesnt hurts to try them.

Top Bottom