What's new

another smoking ban

. It won't be long until you won't be allowed to smoke in front of children, regardless if it's on public or private property. .

Unless it's pot.
I find it amusing that many of the nanny-staters who demand that smoking be banned are the very same liberal types that demand the legalization of marijuana and the smoking thereof.

My opinion, don't smoke in front of kids, and don't smoke where non smokers (the majority) have to be stuck with you.
Nothing pisses me off more then looking over at a red light and seeing a mother smoking with the window cracked a half an inch because its cold out with a infant strapped into a car seat in the back.
Smoking indoors ban was a great idea, I personally don't like paying $12 for a steak and tasting your cigarette instead of my freshly slaughtered slab of cow.

Smoking in parks... if people weren't so inconsiderate this wouldn't be such a problem. Even outside you get the Ahole who thinks hes cool and blows smoke at people. And then once again theres little kids, more and more of which have breathing problems.

I enjoy a cigar, or a puff on a pipe and I think smoking should be a right. The problem is that people are so inconsiderate they don't even care what they do to others which just gives people trying to ban it more steam.

These bans come about because the smoke isn't kept to just the smoker, and also because of all of the litter of cigarette butts. Solve those two issues and smoking bans wouldn't be needed.

Why is it that smokers don't view throwing their butts out the car window as littering is beyond me. That is the reason I ticket those people every chance I get.:mad3:

I do like smoking an occasional cigar and I'm in full support of smoking bans in public places.

Why is it that smokers don't view throwing their butts out the car window as littering is beyond me. That is the reason I ticket those people every chance I get.:mad3:

I do like smoking an occasional cigar and I'm in full support of smoking bans in public places.

Thank you for ticketing those guys...maybe they'll learn, but I think we'd need a lot of guys like you before that would happen.
I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, but I keep a bobken ashtray in my car anyway for that reason. I don't mind if somebody smokes in my car, but they won't be throwing butts out the window.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
These bans come about because the smoke isn't kept to just the smoker, and also because of all of the litter of cigarette butts. Solve those two issues and smoking bans wouldn't be needed.

Well, I have to agree on the butts. The filters stay around for a LONG time. I am a seaman, and I can tell you that you don't want to sail into extreme cold climates with clogged deck drains and scuppers. You end up with ice up to the fishplates. One of the things that clogs them up is cigarette filters. So, I absolutely hate the way cigarette smokers so casually toss away their butts. They are unsightly and disgusting. If it is unobtrusive and biodegradeable, no biggie, outdoors, if you ask me. They should outlaw filter cigarettes, and let folks smoke the way Mother Nature intended. Cigars or pipes ought not be a big deal, outdoors, either. Smokers should ensure that there is nobody downwind who objects, though. Such manners seem to mostly have died out.

Smokers should ensure that there is nobody downwind who objects, though. Such manners seem to mostly have died out.

And there is the heart of the problem. With freedom (rights) comes responsibility. Anyone who rejects the responsibility at the same time looses the right.

Top Bottom