What's new

another question for you experts.. (cleaning-related)

I think I've got my cleaning technique down, but I'm having an issue with a particular razor.

there's some yellowish crud on the adjustment "plate" of this fat boy i have. i cannot seem to get it off. i've thrown everything I can think of at it:

boiled for 15 mins
boiled w/ dish soap for 15 mins
bioled w/ vinegar for 15 mins
scrubbing bubbles & toothbrush
warm water oxyclean soak for 30 mins
clr & toothbrush
googone (in case it was paper or adhesive or something)

any ideas as to 1) *** this crud is... and 2) what else I can try to remove it.

other than that, the rest of the razor is in great condition and ready to shave.

i can't take a pic (no camera) but even if i could, it would be hard to see since it's on the sides of the adjustment plate (the part that touches the blade)

Are you sure it is crud? Sounds to me that that probably is just a spot where the finish wore off, and you are seeing bronze.

Are you sure it is crud? Sounds to me that that probably is just a spot where the finish wore off, and you are seeing bronze.

no, not completey sure, but there's another spot on the head where I know it's worn, and the two look different. this looks calcified or soap-scummy.

not sure, though.

I agree, CLR or LimeAway is worth a try. Look at it under a magnifying glass though. It sounds to me like you have some brass showing through.

Could be the green rust that can form (I think) from copper alloys in the razor.

When you do get it off (if I'm right), you will see brass underneath.

Top Bottom