What's new

Another Ogallala Shave Soap review

Used the Ogallala shave soap Lime and was totally impressed. Shaved and pressed the soap into a nice ceramic bowl, wasn't sure if I could microwave it. Soaked my Vie-Long Cachurro brush and covered the top of the soap with hot water, showered, then shook out the brush and started to swirl the brush on the puck, and WOW, almost instantly I started to get a lather, built lather for another 30 sec. till it was nice and thick soaked my face with a hot washcloth and started to lather. The lather was nice and thick, very hydrating, long-lasting, and very slick. The scent was very pleasant but was a bit strong at first but slowly dissipated, that's about the only drawback. How will I compare it to other soaps, that I'm using now? Cella/Vito's kilos: the same, Arko: Ogallala is slightly better, MWF: Ogallala is much better. Will I buy more of Ogallala? Oh yes, will try the other scents.
You can spend a lot more, yet not get a better shave. This is my favorite "cheaper soap." Performs as well as Arko and the Orange scented version is really, really good. It might be a tad more difficult to lather, but nothing to worry about. Give this a try if you're looking for the ultimate in value, performance and scent. Cheers!

You can spend a lot more, yet not get a better shave. This is my favorite "cheaper soap." Performs as well as Arko and the Orange scented version is really, really good. It might be a tad more difficult to lather, but nothing to worry about. Give this a try if you're looking for the ultimate in value, performance and scent. Cheers!
Think I'll try the orange scented soap next. Have the Limes and Peppercorn and really like it....but the orange sounds very intriguing.

Did you get it? What did you think of it? I've never tried Ogallala but have always been tempted.

Maybe the aftershave.... Hey @gdawg55 any updates about the aftershaves? I'm a scent addict, lol.
I bought the aftershave sample variety pack and really like the limes and peppercorn. So much so I bought the soap and a larger bottle of the aftershave. The sandalwood smells really nice too. Wish it had had the orange in the sampler but it didn’t. I think I would really like that one.

All have bay rum base with other scents thrown in. So far I really like both the soap and aftershave. Soap ranks right up there with my best performers and the aftershave is top notch as well. Very glad I stumbled onto Ogallala.

I bought the aftershave sample variety pack and really like the limes and peppercorn. So much so I bought the soap and a larger bottle of the aftershave. The sandalwood smells really nice too. Wish it had had the orange in the sampler but it didn’t. I think I would really like that one.

All have bay rum base with other scents thrown in. So far I really like both the soap and aftershave. Soap ranks right up there with my best performers and the aftershave is top notch as well. Very glad I stumbled onto Ogallala.
Thanks for the great writeup, gdawg55!

Top Bottom