What's new

another newbie to B&B

Hello all,

New to the forum, and to traditional wet shaving. I chose to make the switch a few weeks ago to traditional wet shaving because I was tired of terrible shaves from electric razors and cartridge razors. I've scoped out the forum before and found some great info, so I figured I'd make it official and join.

I'm currently using:
Rooney Badger Brush, Merkur LHC, feather blades and Prorasso shaving creams.

From the very first shave I was hooked, and I have now become known as the "shaving evangelist" among my friends and coworkers. I am in Law Enforcement so a proper, professional shave is easily recognized among my peers.

-Relwof

Last edited:
Hi relwof, welcome aboard B&B!

It sounds like you've made a very good start there. Congrats!!:a14::clap::a14::clap::a14: Which Merkur raozr did you choose?

Feel free to have a look around, and if you have the time drop by our Hall lf Fame and introduce yourself. If you have any questions or run into problems, by all means post away. We're a welcoming and friendly bunch, and happy to lend a hand.

Enjoy your time here, happy shaving, and once again, WELCOME!!

Welcome aboard relwof!

I've found there's more good information on these forums for wet shaving than any single place online. If it's not here, or not to be found, a question is all it takes. There will be many members ready to point you in the right direction. A great community from what I've been exposed to.

Hi relwof, welcome aboard B&B!

It sounds like you've made a very good start there. Congrats!!:a14::clap::a14::clap::a14: Which Merkur raozr did you choose?

Feel free to have a look around, and if you have the time drop by our Hall lf Fame and introduce yourself. If you have any questions or run into problems, by all means post away. We're a welcoming and friendly bunch, and happy to lend a hand.

Enjoy your time here, happy shaving, and once again, WELCOME!!

Thanks for the warm welcome wingnut!

I chose the Merkur 23C Long Handle Classic, I figured it would be a quality choice at a pretty good price from the reviews I read before buying it. Once I get the fundamentals down, I'd love to take it to the next level and get a straight razor perhaps something of the DOVO variety. My fiance laughs as do some of my friends because they say I shave like "an old man" which aside from them noticing the absence of razor burn/bumps and whiskers left behind, is probably the best compliment I have gotten so far. I just smile and tell them our grandfathers' generation knew how to do it best.

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I chose the Merkur 23C Long Handle Classic, I figured it would be a quality choice at a pretty good price from the reviews I read before buying it. Once I get the fundamentals down, I'd love to take it to the next level and get a straight razor perhaps something of the DOVO variety.

That was my first DE razor (other than a plastic piece 'o crap), and after trying dozens more, it's still my favorite.

Straights? That's an entirely different level of commitment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom