What's new

Another newbie ahead...

With a magnifier lense (15x), which has two cold white 5mm LEDs attached, I took a look at the edge of some unused blades. Then I slowly tilted the blades until the light from the LEDs were reflected by the outer most part of the edge (where "it cuts"...) into the lens. It was very interesting, how different smooth these edges where.
Most likely from the platinum deposition filling in any irregularities. There are a whole series of posts here called "Eye Test" for many different blades. There are also SEM images online that we are not allowed to link to.

Oh! :)
Then I found something old instead of something new... ;)

By the way: What is the reason for not being allowed to link to the SEM images?

Oh! :)
Then I found something old instead of something new... ;)

By the way: What is the reason for not being allowed to link to the SEM images?
The website is a blog, linking to related blogs is not allowed under the terms. Ask me how I know... 😬

You could "borrow" his images, but I doubt that will go over well either 😆

Ok...I am a little confused...
When - for example - a newbie would ask, where s/he can get (example) Nacet blades...is it allowed
to link to a seller, which offers that kind of blade? Even if this seller also run a forum/blog and I am
NOT linking directly to the blog/forum but to the blade in question?

Ok...I am a little confused...
When - for example - a newbie would ask, where s/he can get (example) Nacet blades...is it allowed
to link to a seller, which offers that kind of blade? Even if this seller also run a forum/blog and I am
NOT linking directly to the blog/forum but to the blade in question?
Generally, you can link to stores as far as I know. I am still doing so, but I change the .com to (dot)com so it is not a live link just in case. You don't want to link to ebay for sure, I have mentioned specific sellers that have a product somebody is looking for that I have used. It's all a bit cumbersome, but you have to remember we don't collectively own this forum. As always, if you are unsure ask a Moderator.

There is a Blades subforum where you can find comparison pics for many common DE blades. It is interesting but YOU are the only one that can say if the feel fine or not.

Hi Multum in parvo,

yes I know :) ...I should buy a T-shirt with "YMMV" written on it.... :) :) :)

I am looking for such reviews and science evidence for two reasons: Pure curiosity and
I want to get a "sorting order" in my Sampler pack, so I can check blades which behave
similiar in parallel starting from the -possibly- better ones down to those which are more
likely not so good.
I will see, whether this makes any sense... ;)
Currently I am using ASTRA super platinum and compare them to Gillette 7'oclock sharp
edge (yellow, India(?)): One half of the face one blade, the other half of the face the
other blade.

Cheers! :)
dullhead

Hi dmshaver,

Thank you for the welcome! :)
I am very happy about what Multum in parvo offered me and I am very thankful! :) :) :) We are in contact via PM...

Hi razorhead63,

thank you for your welcome message...

Out of pure curiosity:
Is there really a "razor head 63" like there is a "razor head 89"... ?

Top Bottom