What's new

Another Newb saying hi

Hello there from the PNW, I just started wet-shaving with a DE razor about a month ago and I'm really enjoying it. I also have a mustache & goatee, so I get to experience the joys of wet-shaving as well as beard-care products.

Like a lot of people, I researched before I jumped in and started with a Merkur 34C, mild-mannered Derby blades, and TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream. But, now I've moved into Barrister & Mann soaps/after-shave and a new Tatara Masamune (which I have to say is really really nice).

So many soaps/scents to try and just the one face. It's a bit of a challenge coordinating beard-oil with soap/aftershave scents.

Good to join the group.

Hello there from the PNW, I just started wet-shaving with a DE razor about a month ago and I'm really enjoying it. I also have a mustache & goatee, so I get to experience the joys of wet-shaving as well as beard-care products.

Like a lot of people, I researched before I jumped in and started with a Merkur 34C, mild-mannered Derby blades, and TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream. But, now I've moved into Barrister & Mann soaps/after-shave and a new Tatara Masamune (which I have to say is really really nice).

So many soaps/scents to try and just the one face. It's a bit of a challenge coordinating beard-oil with soap/aftershave scents.

Good to join the group.
Welcome to B&B. Since you have facial hair you might enjoy using a straight razor to make really sharp lines. Enjoy your stay here!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I fear that I'd cut my face off. 😅 But it's proably only a matter of time before I give it a go.
Every day you put off straight razor shaving is a day that you will regret for the rest of your life, but first read this:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia and thanks for taking the time to check in and share your story with us.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Every day you put off straight razor shaving is a day that you will regret for the rest of your life, but first read this:

@Welleran, then you can read this:

Welcome from a fellow “week of June 12 Pledge Class” newb! Love my Masamune! The fit/finish/machining is awesomeness. My only quibble was some extended rinses, but that could have been more from my lathering technique than any fault of the razor. That said, I bought the open comb plate and love it even more.

@Welleran, then you can read this:

I'll take a look, thanks for sharing those links. I think you're just opening the door to more gear that I'll want to buy.

I also started with the Merkur 34c (HD version) but perhaps I used it a year or two. Learned a lot from that razor. Welcome to B&B and congrats on the Masamune.
Thanks, the 34C is not bad in any way (very easy to hold and control) and I was worried that I was jumping too much into the deep end with the Masamune. But the Masamune is a nice smooth (less aggressive) shave and I'm very pleased with it.

Welcome from a fellow “week of June 12 Pledge Class” newb! Love my Masamune! The fit/finish/machining is awesomeness. My only quibble was some extended rinses, but that could have been more from my lathering technique than any fault of the razor. That said, I bought the open comb plate and love it even more.
I was thinking of getting the open comb next, just to try it. How different does it feel to you with that on? Do you use the same blades with it?

Plenty of PNWers here on the Forum. Many of us newbs are enjoying shaving, buying, appreciating, trying and trying some more. Part of the fun is getting temporarily lost in the endless combinations whilst enjoying each and every shave.

Welcome!

Top Bottom